• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New ideas for Kirby in Brawl!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
Another post from your favorite Mario player/buddy...I'm hoping they didn't already have a thread for this but, I was just thinking instead of Kirby only having the regular B button move for each character copy he gets, maybe he can have the U-B, D-B and <>-B moves also. For example, when he gets Link's ability, instead of having the arrows, he can also use the bomb, boomerang and U-B Spinning Slash attack, too. So, how does Kirby with the ability to use all the B button attacks sound, guys?? :)

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
I've thought about that, but it really seems that Kirby would become the Edgemaster of the Smash universe if he were to take on more than the neutral B move. For simplicity in both programming and gameplay, I think Kirby had better stick with the current setup.

Not that I'm against change or progress, but the SSBM method keeps the spirit of Kirby without overly modifying the gameplay. An interesting modulation on your idea occurred to me, however. What if Kirby had certain costumes that changed his B moves to other copy powers from the games...e.g., what if Cutter's Final Cutter was replaced by the Bird power's Condor Heading? The hammer and stone could likewise be substituted to give Kirby more variety, but wouldn't change when he inhales characters.

i_eat_fried_worms

Smash Cadet
if that happened, then a third of kirby's originality would dissapear. people would play him because they can be alot like someone else rather than kirby. at least with B you can still spit in enemy out rather than swallow.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah lets take away all of kirbys B moves and give him the entire b moves of other characters, he would only be half a clone, it wont matter! [/sarcasm]

Sailus

Smash Cadet
Yeah lets take away all of kirbys B moves and give him the entire b moves of other characters, he would only be half a clone, it wont matter! [/sarcasm]
Kirby's an awesome character. Not playwise, but who doesn't want to play as kirby? He's probably my favorite Smash Bros. Char.

Problem is, he flat out sucks, so there's no point in playing him. I like the idea of giving him all the B-moves of another character.

Why?

1. In kirby games, he has no powers besides eating an enemy. In smash bros, his brick, hammer, and final cutter (Which is actually just a move invented for the sake of giving him an up-B =P). His ONLY REAL POWER IS COPYING (well, besides flying =P), and as such, in regular kirby games, his gameplay changed drastically depending on what enemy he ate.

2. He won't be a clone, he has his normal stats. However, I'd like to see his A moves adapted to copy that of the eaten enemy. Otherwise, he keeps his normal stuff.

3. Un-nerf kirby, please. He was such a playable, and awesome character in SSB on n64, but they nerfed him for melee.

That_One_Dude5

Smash Rookie
What if when he inhaled someone his B move randomly changed to any of the enemies B moves. This would also add a level of unpredictavility(I Know thats not how you spell it). For example if he swallowed Jigglypuff you wouldn't know if your B move is pound, sing, rollout, or sleep.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
What if when he inhaled someone his B move randomly changed to any of the enemies B moves. This would also add a level of unpredictavility(I Know thats not how you spell it). For example if he swallowed Jigglypuff you wouldn't know if your B move is pound, sing, rollout, or sleep.
and youre off the stage, trying to recover, going to use a pound to help...but wait, its a rest. oh crap.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
He would either end up stupid or too good, it's a no from me, but some of the ideas people have lately are getting better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom