• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Idea for a Gimmicky Side-Event

Oatmealski

The Hero of Oatmeal (and chin beards too).
3DS FC
1821-9353-4818
Recently, I have been thinking... There's a lot of different methods of playing Smash (ex. 2v2, Crew, Low Tiers, All Brawls) What if there was a Side-Event with food prizes, would players be interested?

I was thinking of doing normal rule-set Melee and PM brackets, but with the prize being food. Of course the main event will have a cash prize, but something like this may keep the players stay a little longer. Everybody who plays eats, which is pretty cool right?

BASIC RULES:
Might as well call it "The Hunger Games"
  • $5 entry fee
  • Normal Ruleset
  • All Entrants who enter get one cheap small food item (Ramen Noodles, Candy Bars, etc)
  • Each match they win, they collect an extra food item from the food vendor
  • As the player moves higher up the bracket he/she will be awarded with higher quality food
  • Grand Finalist is awarded with a large meal (Pizza, Steak, Wings, etc)
  • Runner-up gets something decent (McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, etc)
This side event would be great for players who are Smashing until dawn, that way they could be fed and still play. Everybody leaves fed!

PIZZA MODE:
Who the hell does not want this? SMASH AND PIZZA.
  • $5 entry fee
  • Normal Ruleset
  • All entrants get one slice of pizza
  • Each match they win, they collect another slice of pizza
  • Grand Finalist is awarded with all the pizza he earned plus another whole pizza

HARDCORE PIZZA MODE:
Food eating contest + Smash Bros. Tourney = HARDCORE PIZZA MODE
  • Bracket is split into two
  • Each match players win each get a slice of pizza
  • There will be two Grand Finalists, because of two different brackets
  • The Grand Finalist of each bracket will have to face each other 1v1 in a Pizza Eating Contest
  • Which ever player can eat the most slices of pizza will win
  • Ultimate Finalist gets a cash prize

What do you guys think? I think this would be a really interesting Side-Event. Discuss.

D

Deleted member

I will be naming my firstborn "Hardcore Pizza Mode."

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
This...could actually work.

Top Bottom