• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New ice related move (hints shown in recent pics). Possibly ice arrows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Since Toon Link release there has been two pictures posted of his up+B (not entirely sure if the first pick is just an aerial attack or his up+B) hitting foes. Both these images contains, what appears to be ice- particles/shards, shattering around the foes. This most likely indicates that the foes where frozen when getting hit. The pictures in question can be found here:

First picture to be shown, included in Toon Links announcement picture pack. (Aerial or up+B attack?)

Second picture. Posted today on miiverse and smash bros website as "pic of the day".

There are some possibilitys that I have considered:
Option A): Toon Link now has ice arrows! (most likely freezing opponents or "icing them" wich might apply a state of slow, sluggish movement and/or heaviness)
Option B): Toon Links side+B has not yet been shown. Ice boomerang? Boomerang replaced with some ice magic or gadget? (Is there anything fitting in any of Toon Links games?)
Option C): Something else has aplied the "frozen" state to the enemies. (Most likely an Item, Stage Hassard or Ice Climbers. Both pictures only show three characters so a fourth one with freezing properties could be on the field).
Option D): Toon Links up+B just has a new look and these are just visual effects. *
Option E): His up+B has different properties, something to do with ice. (nothing from the zelda series spring to mind regarding this. Has there ever appeared some form of ice sword? *

* = Both theory D & E could be irrelevant if, what we see in the first picture, is simply an aerial A-attack.

So my fellow conspirators, what do you think?
Edit: Okey. I found this picture in the Link album. So this is most likely just a new visual effect for the up+B. Same ice resembling effect again. This time with Link. That leaves us with the same factors in every picutre containing the "ice shards". A Link (toon or regular) performing an up+B move. Sadly, it looks like it is just a new visual effect for both Links up+B specials. Well, that was an anti climax. Stupid picture.

Old picture posted in Links picture pack

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I know it's the more boring one but...
I'm going with option D.

Why?
Two pictures with characters frozen before the Up+B hit? Weird.
And in the first one the two chars (Luigi and Kirby) were with the effect ?

Sorry bro, but sadly visual efects...

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
I know it's the more boring one but...
I'm going with option D.

Why?
Two pictures with characters frozen before the Up+B hit? Weird.
And in the first one the two chars (Luigi and Kirby) were with the effect ?

Sorry bro, but sadly visual efects...
I'm gonna agree and say that this is simply a visual effect of TL's Up B. If you look closely, the "ice" only comes from where his sword actually connects. I'm thinking these "chips" only appear when a character is hit certain multi-hitting moves

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Updated first post.

I guess it's pretty safe to say that this "find" was very small and not very exciting at all in the end =(

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It would have probably been nice if Toon Link's Master Sword has Ice properties (as little sense as that would make), it would have been Toon Link's answer to Roy's "PHIRE!" Or whatever the Roy fans call it...

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
It would have probably been nice if Toon Link's Master Sword has Ice properties (as little sense as that would make), it would have been Toon Link's answer to Roy's "PHIRE!" Or whatever the Roy fans call it...
t3h ph1r3?

Sorry...

T3H PH1R3!!!

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
The second pic of Link, the one where he's hitting Mario, I don't think that's Up-B, to me it looks like his F-Air, which further confirms that it's probably just new effects that we are misconstruing as ice.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I always thought that effect was cherry blossoms...

It would be strange and uncharacteristic if Toon Link and Marth had ice effects on their attacks. Has there even been a pic of Toon Link using an arrow with an ice effect at all?

NNID
masonisawesome13
3DS FC
3308-4678-2953
The ice shards might be from where donkey kong was frozen and they added the effect of when you're frozen and someone hits you, then the ice shatters.

But you can also se some fire as well; maybe adult link has a fire effect on something and Toon link has an ice effect on something? just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom