• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New IC Tech - Ice Blocking

-_Ven_-

Smash Rookie
I was playing around with the IC's for a bit seeing if i could find a new form of wobbling by combining two of the new chain grabs and I came across something that I think may be semi-useful.

I'll start from how I stumbled upon this, practicing chain grabs on a non moving cpu in training mode is like shooting fish in a barrel, so I got my brother to play me while I tested this. He is an absolute Lucario fiend, and my chain grabs would hit him for like 30%, then he'd smack me up hard. We were both 1 stock, both of us over 100% hp (for those who dont know, lucario's power increases with higher %) and i had long forgotten about trying to chain grab, and now was just trying to win the match. I see him charge up an aura sphere, so i run in to smack him with a side smash and he uses his down b counter move and im flying off the edge of final destanation, he chucks the aura sphere knowing it's gonna hit me, I go to up-b out of the way, but accidentally hit just b

F iretr UCK I yell, as any second im gonna be launched off the stage.

GAME!.....not, my two tiny little icebergs popped right into his fully charged aura sphere and instantly disipate it, I run in, do a side step from his force push, BOOM, Down smashed off the side of the stage.

tl;dr = Ice climbers normal B move can block any projectile attack in game (not counting continuous beams ie Final Smashes/Fire Breath) and will stop some thrown items.

I was going to upload a vid, but my camera USB cable is missing, go into training mode and try it yourself :)

PS: I have taken the liberity of naming this tech Ice Blocking, if anyone wants to change it feel free, if something like 'craq walking' can be a tech, i think ice blocking sounds fine.

Baamage

Smash Apprentice
IBing sounds fine to me :]
and yeah, i think the ice blocks had this same effect in Melee, though. However I seem to remember that both ice blocks evaporated in Melee. Has this changed ? Cause if one ice blocks evaporated with the projectile, then the second one continued through, that would prove to be very useful.

Also, if the ice blocks are a bigger size that would be useful as well. In melee most projectiles sailed right over the ice blocks.

-_Ven_-

Smash Rookie
IBing sounds fine to me :]
and yeah, i think the ice blocks had this same effect in Melee, though. However I seem to remember that both ice blocks evaporated in Melee. Has this changed ? Cause if one ice blocks evaporated with the projectile, then the second one continued through, that would prove to be very useful.

Also, if the ice blocks are a bigger size that would be useful as well. In melee most projectiles sailed right over the ice blocks.

They actually didn't have the same effect, projectiles would only cancel each other if they did the same damage, ice blocks in meele only did about 2% and couldn't block anything.

Yes, the first one will block the projectile and Nana's ice block continues through hitting the opponent.

The ice blocks are about the same size, but have a much larger hitbox then before, about double in size.

Nitoheilapine

Smash Apprentice
Correction real quick. The Ice Block will cancel another projectile while the second continues forward. The first one doesn't simply evaporate, it will come back towards you. The block will continue moving till the ground reduces it's size. (It evaporates, but much like an ice cube now that is running along hot ground.)

Top Bottom