• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New here

Maria

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lulu-lovey
Hey everyone! I'm Maria, surprised the name wasn't taken, and I stumbled upon this site (after hearing about it over the years of internet and forum dwelling). I've been playing Smash Bros since the N64 version but it was played for entertainment purposes. It was also played A LOT at house parties and considering I was a child then, I somehow was able to beat a few kids. Since then I developed an affinity for the series and I used to play Brawl in a competitive manner with a girls only clan named Queens of Brawl. Sadly, I abandoned Brawl and focused religiously on Mario Kart Wii. Since Nintendo shut the servers down, I'm anticipating the next installment in the SSB series. I main Kirby as you can probably already tell by my not noticeable obsession Kirby avatar. I'm trying to get my groove back in the game, as I will play for nostalgic reasons. I haven't attended any official tournaments but would like to go to lurk them. I played in some Gamestop melee tournament and placed 3rd. Nothing more to say (nearly turning this into a full length biography).

I'm a proud Nintendork and just a huge nerd.
I'll be posting about and possibly lurking, until I make myself some new friends or foes. :kirby2:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Chuck Norris welcomes you to Smashboards

I do as well :)

Care to explain your passion for Kirby? Does it go beyond just using him in Smash Bros.?

Maria

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lulu-lovey
Chuck Norris welcomes you to Smashboards

I do as well :)

Care to explain your passion for Kirby? Does it go beyond just using him in Smash Bros.?
It started it out when I first played Kirby's Adventure and from there I fell in love with the character. I quite enjoy all of the Kirby games as well

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
That's nice. I always like when people use characters they truly like outside of Smash Bros., in Smash Bros. For me personally, I feel like I perform better with those characters because of these connections, it's weird, but it works for me.

I'm particularly a fan of Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda, and Star Fox, as far as Nintendo goes.

Maria

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lulu-lovey
I'm a HUGE fan of the Legend of Zelda. It's what got me into gaming in the first place.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
It wasn't the first game I played (very first game I played was Super Mario World on SNES), but Ocarina of Time made me fall in love <3

Morbi

Scavenger
Hey everyone! I'm Maria, surprised the name wasn't taken, and I stumbled upon this site (after hearing about it over the years of internet and forum dwelling). I've been playing Smash Bros since the N64 version but it was played for entertainment purposes. It was also played A LOT at house parties and considering I was a child then, I somehow was able to beat a few kids. Since then I developed an affinity for the series and I used to play Brawl in a competitive manner with a girls only clan named Queens of Brawl. Sadly, I abandoned Brawl and focused religiously on Mario Kart Wii. Since Nintendo shut the servers down, I'm anticipating the next installment in the SSB series. I main Kirby as you can probably already tell by my not noticeable obsession Kirby avatar. I'm trying to get my groove back in the game, as I will play for nostalgic reasons. I haven't attended any official tournaments but would like to go to lurk them. I played in some Gamestop melee tournament and placed 3rd. Nothing more to say (nearly turning this into a full length biography).

I'm a proud Nintendork and just a huge nerd.
I'll be posting about and possibly lurking, until I make myself some new friends or foes. :kirby2:
I am always impressed when one gets an "original" username. One unfettered from numbers and misspellings. I have never contemplated who might actually own the username, "Maria." But it brings me great pleasure that I know who is using it.
:4kirby:

It is always better to make a foe over a friend. Friends will never serve to make you stronger, more independent, they will only hold you down and attenuate your true potential. An enemy; however, will incite you to be great. TERRIBLE... but great!
:kirby2::kirbymelee::kirby64:

Last edited:

Maria

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lulu-lovey
I am always impressed when one gets an "original" username. One unfettered from numbers and misspellings. I have never contemplated who might actually own the username, "Maria." But it brings me great pleasure that I know who is using it.
:4kirby:

It is always better to make a foe over a friend. Friends will never serve to make you stronger, more independent, they will only hold you down and attenuate your true potential. An enemy; however, will incite you to be great. TERRIBLE... but great!
:kirby2::kirbymelee::kirby64:
I decided to go with it without even checking first. I wasn't even expecting it to be available but Lament89 was my second choice for username (quite dark), so I'm glad Maria wasn't taken. lol

Now accepting foes!

Top Bottom