• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New here and dissapointed

Pabrocity

Smash Rookie
Pshaw. Speed doesn't matter. I main gannondorf and link, who are both slow. Its all about the quick jump-air dodge combo for speed in fighting. It's this silly "complete bias" that I don't get. I'd much rather main another character...

Torchik

Smash Ace
Hehe, yes, you learned well, young padawan. >_>

Well, I don't think she's cheap anymore. At least no more cheap than Link. She has way less power, half her attacks are useless, and she's super light. Link is super powerful, has retardedly broken range (hookshot included to break shields), an attack that attacks both sides at THE SAME TIME (spin attack), and aerial attacks that are equivilent to smashes. Not to mention his decent recovery. -_-

Beauregard

Smash Cadet
To Marthcombo and Vato respectively

Roy owned marth any day. He was barely any faster, and way weaker.
:laugh:

Since when? sure roy will kill a lvl 1 computer faster when you stand still and charge his B attack and wait for it to walk into you, Marth dominates in combo ability and EGing.

Roy owned marth any day. He was barely any faster, and way weaker. Ike is better than marth was, even though I don't love Ike.

Over powered and super slow? Can you say Gannondorf? You get the uber power and slow speed (modified by cheap specials that make you travel quickly of course) but you get a more unique (character wise if not move wise) and you get better moves (cause falcon is a beast)

To superninjabreadman

Just playin. Don't freak out...

Way to post back in style though.
Hehe, yes, you learned well, young padawan. >_>

Well, I don't think she's cheap anymore. At least no more cheap than Link. She has way less power, half her attacks are useless, and she's super light. Link is super powerful, has retardedly broken range (hookshot included to break shields), an attack that attacks both sides at THE SAME TIME (spin attack), and aerial attacks that are equivilent to smashes. Not to mention his decent recovery. -_-
It's official.

99.9% of the Brawl forum lurkers have no knowledge / Don't participate in Tournaments. >_>

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Just because one didn't participate in tournaments does not mean h/she is a bad Smasher.

Stop looking at this game like it's Halo or Rainbow Six online. Games are there for it's own real purpose, entertainment. Not competition.

Those who say Roy > Marth are being biased just because their older brother got Marth and was 'SOOOO GUD' with him and wanted to be like him and uses his clone, Roy.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
This thread is a joke.

Are you expecting people to "convince" you that you -should- like Ike as a fact? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you don't like Ike, don't demand people that do to explain why. That's childish and stupid.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
this should be locked or people should stop posting in this its really pointless

*even though im posting on this myself*

Pabrocity

Smash Rookie
Wow, I'm surprised at how low this thread has sunk. I never asked people to "convince" me. I want to know the reasoning behind Ike's "awesomeness" despite if that causes me to like him or not. You say its an opinion. Exactly. I want peoples opinion. Does that mean I want you to come here with comments like "This thread is pointless?" No. Either your too blind to see the purpose behind this thread, and just want someone to bash on, or are just plain ********. Either way, I'd prefer that you don't post in this thread again, since your not planning on bringing anything meaningful to this discussion.

Concerning EPF's comment.

Even if your so sad to devote your entire life to smash tournaments, and then want to come in flouting that we have "no knowledge" that doesn't change the fact that we don't give a care as to what you say. I'm sure you spend some ungodly amount of time playing smash everyday, but that doesn't make you "cool" or even "knowledgable." It means you have no life. I hate to reiterate, but if you have nothing to contribute beside making others see you for the idiot you are, just leave.... I can't believe I'm even have to say this.

sheikattack

Smash Cadet
I don't think Ike will be just another cookie cutter- he will have his own style. He's slow and heavy- that alone is different from Marth and Roy.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman

Roy owned marth any day. He was barely any faster, and way weaker. Ike is better than marth was, even though I don't love Ike.
Try explaining this scrub crap to people who know what a "tier" is.

Simply put, Marth was top-tier in Melee... Roy was mid-tier...

Marth's sweetspot on the tip of his blade was much more favorable over Roy's center sweetspot. Marth's "tipper" was more powerful than a sweetspotted Roy attack. Marth's Sheildbreaker (B) was technically more useful than Roy's, because Marth's could put far more shield pressure than Roy's (B), and that's because Marth's (B) was designed specifically to break shields, instead of exploding to just cause yourself and your foe damage. (In all things considered, how likely are you to land a hit with a fully charged (B)? It's unlikely, even for Marth, who peaks charging far earlier than Roy.) Apart from all the things that Marth just completely overshadows Roy at, Roy had very few attacks that were better. Counter was better on Roy, but that didn't save him from being garbage compared to Marth.

Ike is far too slow with attack lag and lateral speed to be better than Marth was.

From what's been said or spoken of, I don't really believe that Ike shows much character in comparison to his heroism in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. We'll leave issues of cookie-cutter character profiling until we see his actions and attitude during the SubSpace Emmisary. Ike's clothing leaves much to be desired, especially to me where I've played as Ike as his third-class Vanguard and loved the armor he wore. Ike symply wears his Mercenary Class outfit, and that leaves much to be desired, as the outfit was only ever used in Path of Radiance.

Top Bottom