• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Glitch??

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
This has happened before, Miharu (SWF boardname) or HydroKirby was there when it happened last time.

Last time it happened when HydroKirby was Dthrowing my Nana (He was Falco) and I Squall Hammered back onto the stage.

This time Ganon was Up B-ing Nana and I Squall Hammered and they were both frozen.

I has happened to me one other time, involving Pikachu Fthrowing Nana, but that was a couple years ago.

Dont know if its only on throws with a electric animation, I dont know if its old, and already know.

I Paused the game after it happened, to film this vid.
This is OBVIOUSLY NOT THE NORMAL FREEZE GLITCH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5qf5hf_35A

K Thanks.

And here is Clarification.
My AIM convo with the first person I showed this too.

PockyD-yeah it's jsut a variation of the freeze glitch
i've seen it before

Anh Lam Bing-Ok.
Have you ever done it on purpose?
Do we know why it happens?

PockyD-nope
well
the ez way to do freeze glitch
is to hit them with squall
while nana is holding them

Anh Lam Bing-He was grabbing Nana
I was off level.

PockyD-yeah but you hit him with squall

Anh Lam Bing-Noi didnt
i didnt touch him

PockyD-oh
then i dunno

Your guys' thoughts?

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
This is known. Whether you hit your opponent with the squall isn't important in the normal freeze glitch or this variation.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Yes. If Ganon is throwing/up+B'ing Nana and you squall hammer at the right time, he will be frozen, regardless of whether the squall hits.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I've never seen anybody do it intentionally.

I don't know if it's considered banned. It probably depends on whether the TO thinks that the line about not doing the freeze glitch is applicable here, which it arguably isn't since this is a different glitch.

It might actually be possible to use effectively. If you're facing away from your opponent and s/he grabs Nana and if you know the timing for this glitch off the throw s/he chooses, you could probably just jump out of the way and squall at the right time. If somebody did start using this successfully, it would probably be explicitly banned pretty quickly.

edit: The rule against stalling might prohibit this already, at least if you don't immediately do something after activating the glitch.

edit2: I actually might be a little concerned if doing this glitch in any form were banned. If that were the case, your opponent could take advantage of this by doing something like knocking Popo offstage such that he can only recover with squall hammer, grab Nana, and guess when you choose to squall and then freeze himself by throwing Nana and thus claim the round. This would probably almost never happen, but it would be an obnoxious scenario.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
edit2: I actually might be a little concerned if doing this glitch in any form were banned. If that were the case, your opponent could take advantage of this by doing something like knocking Popo offstage such that he can only recover with squall hammer, grab Nana, and guess when you choose to squall and then freeze himself by throwing Nana and thus claim the round. This would probably almost never happen, but it would be an obnoxious scenario.
That would be obnoxious.

I dont see how it could be banned though, when half of the criteria for it to work needs your opponent to do something (Grabbing Nana). They could just **** her in other ways.

Finch

Smash Lord
This has happened to me multiple times. They aren't frozen in the same way that the normal freeze glitch works right? Hitting them unfreezes them (I'm pretty sure), so at most all you can get out of this is a fully charged smash. It would be a good strategy if they decide to throw nana while you're offstage.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
This has happened to me multiple times. They aren't frozen in the same way that the normal freeze glitch works right? Hitting them unfreezes them (I'm pretty sure), so at most all you can get out of this is a fully charged smash. It would be a good strategy if they decide to throw nana while you're offstage.
Yeah he was only frozen until I hit him, once I jabbed Ganon they bother were unfrozen.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
WHat happens if popo dies? does nana die and gannon unfreeze, gannon is still frozen, or maybe gannon is knocked up high in the air like when kirby upthrows nana when popo dies.

But if it becauses banned ban the yoyo glitch too because it is a much gayer way to stall and does the same thing in some ways

Top Bottom