• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Glitch(?) - Infinite Rising Tornado

ROFLs

Smash Cadet
Didn't see this when I posted my thread sorry. :\

It's amazing how many glitches are being discovered already.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Didn't see this when I posted my thread sorry. :\

It's amazing how many glitches are being discovered already.
when you think about it, this one uses the same idea as Koopa's Klaw Cancel, so it's not so farfetched that void thought to try it out with other characters.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Could be good for mindgames later on. I'm glad that it only works above ground. His recovery is broken enough as it is. :chuckle:

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Could be good for mindgames later on. I'm glad that it only works above ground. His recovery is broken enough as it is. :chuckle:
If you think about it, Luigi's recovery is somewhat like Pikachu's. Their SideB moves are basically the same recovery-wise, and then their UpB moves are used for going up— however, they don't do that much damage. If you're returning from a low recovery, you can get back but easily interrupted. :O

Folt

Smash Ace
OMG! Me like! That seems fun for showing off to people, and it might have uses
competitively.

ROFL

Smash Journeyman
id give this a 1 out of 10 on the useful scale.

unless his down b reflected projectiles i dont see any reason to do this.

nstnt

Smash Rookie
i got brawl, luigi is my main char... I din know about that glitch though

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I don't think it's a glitch. It seems too natural.
It seems too natural for a character to be considered landing before the landing animation is excuted? are you people even thinking reasonably? this is obviously a faulty landing algorithm that's causing all of these things to be there, probably has to do with the new automated wavelanding IMO

Magnacor

Smash Ace
It could be used for mindgames easily. Drop down right next to them, and then fly away while they're trying to attack...
Yeah if you were falling to the ground while your opponent was charging up an attack you could just fly back into the air, without having landing or jumping lag. Not to mention it will damage your opponent if it hits them.

ROFL

Smash Journeyman
you cant even do it until you are right above the ground.

go ahead and use this in tournament and see what happens lol

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
id give this a 1 out of 10 on the useful scale.

unless his down b reflected projectiles i dont see any reason to do this.
Well his tornado did block some projectiles in Melee. Any word on this in brawl?

W.Jr

Smash Lord
i doubt its a glitch, also i think everyone is able to do that, just have to find out how to do it with each character.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Wow, that looks pretty cool lol. I hope it'll find it's uses other than showing off, but I think it has the pontential to trick and scare people... XD

LuigiMax

Smash Journeyman
Its not an Infinite guys -_-

Alright ppl lets make this clear ... Luigi's tornado is not infinite!!! If u look closely to the video after every tornado, he touches the stage first .... i bet he cant do it without touching the stage first guys.... can someone make a video of doing that tornado outside of the stage" with no floor to touch" and still do it? that way is the only way the tornado is infinite. Luigi's tornado in brawl is exactly similar to mario's on melee, to make it go up u first NEED to touch the stage. On melee to make luigi's tornado rise go upwards instead of falling, u first needed to make the tornado on the floor first, and then u can use it on the air as a recovery move. But now u can go up with the tornado without doing it on the floor first "like if u were charging it first or something". And because u dont need to charge it up first, u can do it consistently but u first need to touch the stage or else U WONT GO UP AGAIN. Thats why luigi's tornado is not an infinite, because u cant use it as a recovery move twice outside of the stage without touching the ground, u first need to touch the ground and then u can do it again, take a close look at the vid and u will see that he is first touching it" it might not look like he is touching it, but is because he has a really nice timing to perform it. I would like that guy to use the tornado upwards instead of using it from side to side and not touch the ground, i would like him to use it upwards and if its true that its an infinite then he should kill himself from above. Other wise its not an infinite.

Kamaji

Smash Ace
ive been trying it out, he doesnt actually touch the ground, but you have to be really close to it for it to work. the only potential that it really has though is that people might not expect you to have your second jump back after it.

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
i would rather call it the helicopter XD this is nice to know since i plan on playing as luigi alot ^_^

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't call any of the false-landing attacks glitches. They all have the same feature. You begin the animation of the move right before the ground, the ground resets your ability to do it again, and you repeat.

Top Bottom