• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Ganon has some questions

Van.

Smash Ace
1. So you ban FD, right?

2. Getting up from the ledge? U-air can be ledgehopped, and you can waveland (tho' its difficult). Is there anything else you're supposed to commonly use? Roll up seems pretty good.

3. Am I supposed to be able to do that CG on Falco (seems hard)?

I appreciate it.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
1. Most seem to ban it, but it depends on your style. I like FD.

2. Jump, ledgehop, ledgedash, and roll the most viable. Each are situational and you can't get predictable. Learn to RLD and ledgehop runoff return bair, as well as when to do a standard getup when edgeguarding.

3. I chaingrab falco some. You really should only do this if you are very confident in your ability; otherwise go for a techchase (wasted grabs lose matches). If you are good enough to where the chaingrab is guaranteed and you know how to follow up properly, go for it.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Banning FD is character dependent, really. Letting Falco pick FD is like asking to get laser locked and comboed, but you might want to ban Yoshi's against Marth (I swear his sword is everywhere on that stage lol) or Battlefield against Sheik.
But yeah, it also depends on whether you like the stage or not. Banning a stage you like for tactical reasons and letting your opponent pick a stage you're not comfortable with or used to playing on is a pretty bad move.

Mix up when you try to get back on the stage. You don't want to do the same thing every time, no matter how "good" that option is.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
You could try playing against certain characters on each stage and ban the one you feel the weakest on.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Falco on FD is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. lol As a matter of fact, Falco mobility comes from platforms and Ganon has ways to get around excessive pressure lock with the lasers, so it's not really a big problem.

The ledgehop options are all situational, and anything you do too much can lead to you getting punished multiple times.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
1. So you ban FD, right?
Dunno, Linguini seems fine with it. The only stage I truly think Ganon should always avoid is FoD. Too many characters benefit from the platforms more than Ganon does when you consider how tall Ganon is.

2. Getting up from the ledge? U-air can be ledgehopped, and you can waveland (tho' its difficult). Is there anything else you're supposed to commonly use? Roll up seems pretty good.
Empty ledgehop imo is the best option overall. Ledgedashing is amazing if used carefully. All of Ganon's ledge options for the most part are good situationally though.

On Pokemon Stadium Rock transformation, I stole this trick from someone...I forget if it was Linguini, but he just did constant ledge attacks on the cliff on the left side, which just get automatically ledgecanceled as soon as the hitbox is out.

3. Am I supposed to be able to do that CG on Falco (seems hard)?

I appreciate it.
I personally think it's too impossibly hard to chaingrab Falco for it to be worthwhile in tournament. You can kill him in a few hits if you techchase him really well anyway.

Now chaingrabbing Fox...well...it's still impossibly hard to do, but I mean he's harder than Falco in general. Anything that works on Fox matters more if you ask me.

Top Bottom