• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Fox

AirFair

Marth tho
Hey, yall might know me from the Marth threads.

I'm thinking of picking up a fox to dual main with Marth, so I started to learn tech and movement, and it's going along well.
I just have a couple questions for you guys.

1. I short hop with X and I want to learn how to shdl, but I only get it 2/10 times. What can I do?

2. When I waveshine to the right, sometimes I will turn around in shine on accident. Does this have something to do with any control stick angle?

Hope I learn a lot. Will probably compile a guide thread on here maybe.

Y-L

Smash Champion
When you waveshine in the direction you're not facing, let the stick return to neutral before inputting the wavedash.

Cynic

Smash Rookie
I find it much easier to use Y instead of X for SHDL and multishines even though I normally jump with X. You should do whichever you want as long as you can do it consistently.

AirFair

Marth tho
It's just that I want to be able to use one button for jumps like pros are able to. I guess I'll just keep practicing lol.

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
It's just that I want to be able to use one button for jumps like pros are able to.
Pros are just people who are good. The only thing that matters is what happens on screen, the way pros hold their controllers is meaningless. Also they mostly have normal grips but imo claw is superior, so imo pros really have outdated controller grips because no one thought claw would ever matter.

Basically, just learn to dd wd and shffl over and over again in a row, and learn what moves are safe in neutral and what moves allow you to hit with a follow up at certain percents vs certain characters and you'll get better.

vynleren

Smash Cadet
Honestly Y is much easier for me to SHDL with, because I slide my thumb from Y to B and tap B again for the inputs.

Never been able to do it with X - but of course it's possible.

What the Pro's do doesn't matter as long as you can replicate it comfortably. Just try out all the options and pick your favorite.

yttik

Have you tried tap jump for SHDL? It sounds weird I know, but I used to not be able to do it, and I tried it with tap jump and I had it down within a day or two. I learned how to do it with Y eventually but I mostly use Y that for short hop fast fall single laser.

Catchy

Smash Cadet
i only use tap jump for jump cancel upsmash. I use cstick method for shine oos and i use y double tap for shdl.

Top Bottom