• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Fox technique? Please confirm.

redeyedol

Smash Cadet
I don't know whether this technique is new or not, or even if it is an old Melee technique, but I just found this odd thing with Fox just now in practice..

Now obviously we all know that his forward+B is his Fox Illusion. But I just found a way to cancel it. Now he has many frames in the whole animation of the move. Him just startin the move, him in the middle of the move, and of course him endin it. But at any point in the move (except at the very end, of course, cause then the cancel has no point ;)), you can cancel his Illusion by doin HCB+B (half-circle back + B button). I find it really interestin, cause you can even cancel it early enough to do an ENTIRELY fake Illusion (basically cancellin it right at the very beginnin, causin him not to zip forward, but merely slide an inch an inch forward or so). I got a video comin up real real soon, and I'm seriously hopin this is somethin entirely new. If not, don't flame me for it (it would be quite childish to do so anyway). At least give me some credit for bein able to find out of mere experimentation, hah. Anyway, I never did say I discovered somethin entirely new for sure, I merely asked for a confirmation. So help me out here.

Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L2mRJPIBQI

Veil2222

Smash Journeyman
This was in melee, kudos for finding it on your own though. As far as I know, you don't need to to a HCB, you just need to time the B button properly. Another side note, depending on when you cancel this move with wolf, he retains a lot of his momentum, it's fun for a fake out.

Tyros

Smash Cadet
Actually... from what it sounds like - entirely canceling the illusion, to where he doesn't move at all? That's different from what it was in Melee. This could be a change in the way it works.

I remember a friend of mine mentioning that he saw three different lengths of the illusion, actually. You probably don't need to half-circle back the control-stick, but instead hit the b-button just at the right time. Either way... nifty. I'll check it out at some point.

- Tyros

redeyedol

Smash Cadet
Rofl, ah ****. I just uploaded the vid too. Oh well, I had my hopes, haha. At least I'm glad (well, sorta glad... er not really) that I managed to find it on my own. Thanks for the confirmation.

Tyros - Fox barely moves forward (maybe a character or 2 forward). But check the vid just to confirm if there is anythin new about this or not.

Surgo

Smash Apprentice
Are we sure you don't need the half-circle back? I haven't been able to cancel it with solely the B button yet, and I've been trying (I play Fox quite a bit).

redeyedol

Smash Cadet
Are we sure you don't need the half-circle back? I haven't been able to cancel it with solely the B button yet, and I've been trying (I play Fox quite a bit).
Well I found it usin hcb B, but I'm guessin the hcb isn't required. I just find it as an easier technique to do it though. If I wanna do it early and entirely fake the Illusion, then I do the hcb quicker, if I wanna do it mid-move, then I do it a bit slower. I actually find this technique somewhat helpful.

Top Bottom