• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New fox tech discovered on Battlefield

have you seen this before?

• yes

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • no

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Swimjosh

Smash Rookie
NNID
pittwafflez
3DS FC
5429-9877-1782
Hey I'm somewhat new to the competitive scene and am starting to get good but have been watching competitive melee for awhile now along with streams and tutorials and tech skill videos. As I am sure most everyone knows, with Falco on battlefield and pokemon stadium you can run off the edge and as soon as you are in the air side b and ledge cancel/reverse ledge cancel on the opposite platform. This is not possible with fox because his side b goes a little further making it miss the edge of the platform. But while tech skill grinding this past weekend I was messing around with fox and misinput a waveshine on the edge of the platform on battlefield and ended up falling through the platform and doing a side b. Making me ledge cancel. I was super confused and saved the replay and rewatched it then spent the next 30 minutes trying to recreate what happened. The way to do it is to get very close to the edge of the platform but not off of it. Near when fox would do the leaning over animation (its a small window this works). then fall through the platform and immediately side b. This needs to be an aerial side b and as soon as you fall through, you can't be too low or it wont work. It is kind of hard to pull of but I've started implementing it and confused a lot of people on netplay. I've tested this countless times and it works for sure. I waited a little bit to make this post because I haven't seen this anywhere else and wanted to make sure that I'm not just telling everyone information they already knew. I can't link a video right now because I don't have any good recording software and I'm in the middle of building my pc but I can in a few days. I just wanted to see if this is new or now and anyone's thoughts on this. Maybe we will start to see this used more making 20XX even closer to reality.

~Swim~

nugget61

Smash Rookie
fwiw its very difficult to describe what happens in melee so if you take a replay of it, it might be easier to make a quick recording on your phone and uploading it to YT.

Top Bottom