• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Final Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Yeah right. That was the best FS ever! Just kidding. I would really like to see something that at least is as good as his rival's FS (not Bowser, nor Wario).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So long as his Final Smash is still based on using fire. I'd honestly prefer a improved version of his current Final Smash. Some thing a bit more like the fire attacks in Mario RPG would be cool too. Where Mario shoots a bunch of Fireballs at once. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0Q3OmBnbmU

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Yeah right. That was the best FS ever! Just kidding. I would really like to see something that at least is as good as his rival's FS (not Bowser, nor Wario).
It's flashy but not really very practical.
So long as his Final Smash is still based on using fire. I'd honestly prefer a improved version of his current Final Smash. Some thing a bit more like the fire attacks in Mario RPG would be cool too. Where Mario shoots a bunch of Fireballs at once. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0Q3OmBnbmU
I'd imagine him using a Super Mega Mushroom to curbstomp enemies.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
The flower idea is pretty good. The higher Mario is, the more enemies he is able to hit. When on the ground, he repeatedly shoots fire balls on the ground. When in the air, he shoots fire balls in many directions, and it goes through the platforms you are able to jump through, but bounces on the main stage.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
His Final Smash is cool. Just make it more powerful. Or change it to Fire Mario transformation like in Super Smash Flash 2.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'd like him to use the Mega Mushroom to transform into MEGA MARIO or maybe completely overdose on items and become TANOOKI FIRE MEGA METAL INVINCIBLE MARIO!

Just have him produce a ? Block above him and he hits it, a Mega Mushroom pops out and he becomes huge and can pitfall opponents by walking over them! His original FS could be used as his fireball attack (except less OP), his Super Jump Ounch could become an uppercut as thousands of coins pop out of them (or they even BECOME coins for a second like a P-Switch was hit), his FLUDD would spray downwards and his cape would propel him forwards and allow him to jump higher. It would be heaven to have an event match of Mega Mario VS. Giga Bowser.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I'd like him to use the Mega Mushroom to transform into MEGA MARIO or maybe completely overdose on items and become TANOOKI FIRE MEGA METAL INVINCIBLE MARIO!

Just have him produce a ? Block above him and he hits it, a Mega Mushroom pops out and he becomes huge and can pitfall opponents by walking over them! His original FS could be used as his fireball attack (except less OP), his Super Jump Ounch could become an uppercut as thousands of coins pop out of them (or they even BECOME coins for a second like a P-Switch was hit), his FLUDD would spray downwards and his cape would propel him forwards and allow him to jump higher. It would be heaven to have an event match of Mega Mario VS. Giga Bowser.
Mega Mario sounds cool, but is too generic of a Final Smash. We have Giga Bowser, Wario Man and Super Sonic. Its enough transformations for me.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Maybe he gets an invincibility star, but it does what it does in his own games. He's invincible, faster, more acrobatic, and hurts enemies by touching them. Like Super Sonic, but he doesn't fl and it lasts longer.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Maybe he gets an invincibility star, but it does what it does in his own games. He's invincible, faster, more acrobatic, and hurts enemies by touching them. Like Super Sonic, but he doesn't fl and it lasts longer.
Good idea. I tought of this one time, but did not think of posting. I also tought of him becoming White Raccon Mario. He could fly but not too fast, damage enemies by spinning, and would be invencible. Or he could turn into Gold Mario and throw golden fireballs.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Gold Mario sounds kinda interesting. Especially if he gets coins after KOing some one with the golden Fire Balls. That way their added to your in-game currency.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Well most of the Final Smashes in Brawl originated from Brawl, so they probably wouldn't take a move from an actual game unfortunately.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Well most of the Final Smashes in Brawl originated from Brawl, so they probably wouldn't take a move from an actual game unfortunately.
But Giga Bowser comes from Melee, Konga Beat comes from the games that used the DK Bongos, Rocketbarrel Barrage comes from DK 64, Light Arrow comes from Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, Beast Ganon comes from most Zelda games, Power Suit Samus comes from Metroid: Zero Mission, Super Dragon comes from Super Mario World, Landmaster comes from the Starfox games, Volt Tackle comes from the Pokémon games starting with Gen. 3, Triple Finish is a combination of three attacks that actually exist in Pokémon (Fire Blast, Solar Beam and Hydro Pump), Cook Kirby comes from Kirby Super Star, Waddle Dee Army comes from Dedede comanding his army, wich happens in basically every Kirby game, PK Starstorm comes from Earthbound and Mother 3, Critical Hit comes from every Fire Emblem game, Wario-Man comes from Wario Ware: Twisted and Wario Ware: Touched, End Of Day comes from all Pikmin games, Super Sonic comes from various Sonic games starting with Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and Octopus comes from the Game & Watch game Octopus. Only Negative Zone, Peach Blossom, Triforce Slash, Zero Laser, Palutena's Army, Great Aether, Galaxia Darkness, Grenade Launcher, Iceberg, Blue Falcon and Diffusion Beam are original. And Iceberg, Paluneta's Army and Blue Falcon, despite never being used in exactly the same way as Brawl, have their origins.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
This is true, but Giga Bowser comes from Melee, Konga Beat comes from the games that used the DK Bongos, Rocketbarrel Barrage comes from DK 64, Light Arrow comes from Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, Beast Ganon comes from most Zelda games, Power Suit Samus comes from Metroid: Zero Mission, Super Dragon comes from Super Mario World, Landmaster comes from the Starfox games, Volt Tackle comes from the Pokémon games starting with Gen. 3, Triple Finish is a combination of three attacks that actually exist in Pokémon (Fire Blast, Solar Beam and Hydro Pump), Cook Kirby comes from Kirby Super Star, Waddle Dee Army comes from Dedede comanding his army, wich happens in basically every Kirby game, PK Starstorm comes from Earthbound and Mother 3, Critical Hit comes from every Fire Emblem game, Wario-Man comes from Wario Ware: Twisted and Wario Ware: Touched, End Of Day comes from all Pikmin games, Super Sonic comes from various Sonic games starting with Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and Octopus comes from the Game & Watch game Octopus.
Well yes, but most of them are used in ways to only have been seen in Smash Bros. And with the ones you've listed, that still leaves about half the roster with Sakurai'd Final Smashes.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Well yes, but most of them are used in ways to only have been seen in Smash Bros. And with the ones you've listed, that still leaves about half the roster with Sakurai'd Final Smashes.
There are 35 characters. Only 11 have original Final Smashs. It's less than half. But I don't want to start a discussion entirely about this. This thread is for Mario's Final Smash, not how many characters have original Final Smash's. So lets talk about something else.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
There are 35 characters. Only 11 have original Final Smashs. It's less than half. But I don't want to start a discussion entirely about this. This thread is for Mario's Final Smash, not how many characters have original Final Smash's. So lets talk about something else.
Out of curiosity, which 11?

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Negative Zone, Peach Blossom, Zero Laser, Galaxia Darkness, Triforce Slash, Blue Falcon, Puff Up, Aura Storm, Diffusion Beam, Grenade Launcher, Iceberg, Palutena's Army and Great Aether. Its 13, I counted wrong.

BSP

Smash Legend
I would take the Mario Finale again...

...as long as it's full screen vertically and horizontally like Wii Fit Trainer's FS.

Hoboman5000

Smash Cadet
One thing that really interested me from Smash Flash was the amount of power-up FS's, so maybe Mario could actually receive a really cool power-up FS.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Couldn't he just eat a Mega Mushroom and just squish everyone? I feel like they might take something from Super Mario 3D Land/World, or possibly even New Super Mario Bros 2.--something like where he gets a golden Fire Flower and can turn enemies to gold for a couple seconds and mash on them. Airborne gold characters could act like the effects of a falling character that has a Metal Box on them, which could gimp characters and make them fall to their death

Morbi

Scavenger
I honestly didn't mind his Final Smash too much, the thing that bothered me was how worthless it was. If they buffed the knock-back and damage (perhaps the duration), I think it would be viable. I don't mind the idea of Mario growing, but it would really make me want a new Final Smash for Bowser to be honest.

PIKA321

Smash Apprentice
I was just thinking of a new final smash for Mario today. His new final smash could have him summon Toad and Toad give him a cat suit and him and Toad can run around for a few seconds scratching people up. Wadda think?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Visually, it looked amazing, but it barely did anything. All I need is for Mario Finale to get better knockback

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I came here to post the same idea lol.

But why not though right? They could call it SUPER Mario, and by hitting the block at the intro of his final smash he would gain like 6 different power ups from his games, starman, metal box, tanooki suit, fire flower/ice flower, etc. With this he could pull what meowser did in 3d world and just become a juggernaut of power. It would at least stay true to his nature and his games.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
It could be pretty fun if Mario could summon the giant POW block from the last boss of 3D World. Each hit could send out a shockwave with progressively bigger knockback. It would allow a bit more room for skill since the Mario player could mix up the timing on hitting it to mess up the other player's attempts to dodge.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Bowser needs a new one first. Mario's is fine, I don't se why someponies see it as useless - it covers a lot of area and is practically an insta-kill on stages with no walls.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Bowser needs a new one first. Mario's is fine, I don't se why someponies see it as useless - it covers a lot of area and is practically an insta-kill on stages with no walls.
It really only has the power to push in one direction, and even then it fails in that sense since unless your directly in line with it it wont work well. I can literally dodge it or jump over it almost any time one of my opponents launches it. If it does return it needs some major fixes

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
Maybe something like this: A ?Block appears above his head, he jumps and hits it and a lot of double cherrys come out, he grabs them and a lot of Marios with different power ups appear (fire flower, ice flower, tanooki suit, cat suit, boomerang flower...) and start attacking the opponents while you can still control Mario. (It may sound like Pit's final smash from Brawl... but better). And maybe Mario gets a Super/Mega Mushroom.

This is just an idea for what I think would be a great final smash for Mario.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I would like to see a Fire Mario transformation. Mario Finale is just too bland and underpowered for my taste.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
To be honest, I'd be with him simply buffing his current Final Smash. It looks cool enough. Or maybe Mario can do one of his attacks from the RPG games, like the Super Flame.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
My Idea (Taken from another Forum Post I made):
"Idea #1: Rock Mario from SMG2. Basically, you can become a giant boulder and get to roll around and road-kill everything. You can use it 3 times, but you cannot jump, and slamming into any object that isn't a player will break you out by force, and rolling off the edge will break you out with enough time to grab back onto the ledge. The plus side is, you move very fast and hit VERY hard with high knockback. Before boulder-izing, Mario can move freely and try to get in the path of the others so he can hit them, but he moves slower than normal."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom