• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New falco player here...

Neokun

Smash Apprentice
I'm a new Falco player [main is Marth] and any advice would be great. I can short hop. If that counts. Im trying to get the laser down but I have trouble using it in combat because its a quick move. Any tips much appreciated.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Practice like a crasy person, mainly...

And if you think a technique is to hard to learn, just keep at it, it will be useful.

And, you said you are a marth player, so before the match starts, make sure your habits know you are not marth, this may sound stupid, but I find my falcon trying to shinepike people, which does not end up to well for me.

Good luck, and find a human player to practice with if you really wanna be good, but don't get abducted

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
short hop doesnt count for anything, considering falco is one of the easiest short hops in the game.

it makes a big difference once youre comfortable with the short hop laser, and rshl. this completely changes your movement game. and gives you much more openings. for me, i just practiced shl for while and eventually youll get used to using it without thinking.

next would be practicing shffls and shine combos

Twiggy_Ramirez

Smash Apprentice
yup all true

first thing is to nail the shffl and all variations; then get to grips with his simple edgegaurds;
my advice would be go for the PC approach to edgegaurds; ie f-smashes and shffl'd d airs

then look at pillaring and shine combo's etc. :! gd luck!

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
Just tap those buttons like if they were really hot, it will come natural after. Lightly press them. SHL!!!! Remember when you learn it try not to use it excessfully it just ruin ur combos.
DO NOT EVER LIGHTLY PRESS THEM! That doesn't work, you have to press them fast, anyone who says lightly has no idea what they're talking about and should not be taken seriously.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
i see were air up there is sayin. i lightly press buttins (but just enough so it works) cause u will find your fingers slippin over each other if u leave em there to long. you'll find your fingers getting tied up alot with falco. i know this cause i used to main marth before i switched to falco

Youngdude111

Smash Rookie
What everyone said is true, SHL and SHFFLs are a Falco's best friend. IMO, the fastest way to learn how to use a new character is to watch some pro videos. In your case, I'd recommend finding some of bombsoldier's videos online.

rice

Smash Journeyman
Lol, well, falco does need his lasers, but its also possible to play without them. Lasering just puts the opponent in a defensive position, in which case if he's awesome at doing stuff out of his shield, you're f'ed. But he can be played like every other character where mindgames can be involved. but yea, even though i say that, i spam lasers like shiettt lol :D

Top Bottom