• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Edge-guard Tactic

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I was experimenting with the Green Guy's horrid traction once again, and I found another gem that I need some help testing. When WL'ing backwards off of a platform, you can press L/R to force Luigi into a pratfall animation which puts you in a position to use get-up attack without the opponent putting you on the ground. I just recently got the frame data for it, and the hitbox looks like it covers ledge sweet-spotting. Sooooo I think it could be practically used to edge-guard with. The idea is that you get them off and below the stage to use their up-b, then quickly WL > Pratfall > GU-Attack and then just get on the ledge. As far as stages go you can do it on

-Dreamland
-Battlefield
-Pokémon Stadium
-Fountain of Dreams

I was never sure if it was me doing it wrong or it being impossible, but I've never been able to light shield - edge-hog against Marth with Luigi. GU-attack works against him and the illusion recoveries to my knowledge, but I'd like to see if this can push sweetspotted recoveries away and follow up with an easy aerial for the kill.

Test it out and post your results!

If you have any problems with the technique I will help you out in here.

I'll try and get a video up soon for all you visual people.

Luigi is a goofy character, so I think it's best to use your tool for what it's suited for. . . goofy answers to simple problems.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Luigi is a goofy character, so I think it's best to use your tool for what it's suited for. . . goofy answers to simple problems.

Best quote ever.

Virg made me aware of that if you shield before wavelanding off of a platform you go into the pratfall animation. We just fooled around with it, but I never thought of the practical application of it.

I might have to try this out.

Top Bottom