• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Diddy Techniques, plox?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
So, I'm a tiny bit too lazy to read up on the Diddy boards, but I was messing around with Snap-Cancelling with a few characters, and stumbled upon something interesting.

For those of you who don't know what snap cancelling is, you can negate auto-sweetspotting by pressing down right as you start your recovery moves. Diddy has a really interesting property with his >b. If you do it near the edge, so that it "scrapes", and use the otherwise incredibly laggy (but oh so lovably priority-ridden) attack immediately afterwards, it auto-cancels. This gives Diddy a fortresshog, of sorts. Think of how Boozer's edge attack was infamous in Melee. Diddy gets this.

So, again, here's the steps:

1) Be off the stage, and only ~slightly~ below/above it (level works, too)

2) Press >b, then immediately start holding down. You should zoom right past the auto-sweetspot point, and land on the stage.

3) Now that you know how to do it, try it again, only this time, do his little kick from it. Notice the complete lack of lag. Sexy, no?

4) Don't tell me if this is already well known. It'll break mah heart.

In conjunction, as I'm sure most of you already know, you can cancel the peanut gun. The fun begins when you start using peanut gun cancels to change the direction you're facing, mid-air. For example, RAR bair> pgc fair offstage. Or, RAR pgc fair, for a low-to-the-ground fair. I 'onno. It's fun, and the reason I had picked up Sheik in SSBM.

WIGI

Smash Champion
the peanut gun cancel was already known, as for the first one, could we get a vid showing this please? im not 100% sure i know what you mean.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I figured you guys knew about the pgc, but I wasn't sure the scrubbier players knew you could use it to aerial pivot, so I tossed that in.

I can send someone a replay, if nothing else.

an1bal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anibalt
3DS FC
0018-2664-8234
Well. Ive never heard of it and im constantly reading the boards. The Peanut gun cancel is well known but that sweetspot negation sounds interesting... catching opponents off guard ...

vid?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
an1bal;4312259[B said:
]Well. Ive never heard of it and im constantly reading the boards. [/B]The Peanut gun cancel is well known but that sweetspot negation sounds interesting... catching opponents off guard ...

vid?
what the OP is talking about here would be categorized under this:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142823&page=2

Called Snap Cancelling. Can be done with anyone. Funniest with wolf because you'll miss the ledge and illusion right in their face and hopefully sweetspot

Top Bottom