• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Diddy Kong player here!

Saltix

Smash Lord
Well kinda. Back in March, he was one of my Top 3, but that has changed so much and as of right now, I want Diddy to fill my 3rd spot in the top 5 :] Anyways, I want to know:

-What are the best control settings for Diddy? I have basic right now with Tap Jump off and X as grab.

-What do YOU do when practicing ATs, combos, etc? I know this is rather awkward to ask, but I usually sit there until I can get it 10/10. Anything proving effective for you? such as taking breaks, eyes closed, etc? Does music help? How much time should I practice with Diddy? I want to know.

Thanks in advance :]

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
This is the kind of thing you need to work out for yourself. I play with a completely default control scheme (Aside from tap jump off).

As for practicing techs, just practice them however you feel will work best for you. When I practiced single dribbling, I just set player two to a random character, and let them sit on one side of the stage, while I practiced.

(I never use training mode - Just a habit from Melee)

Saltix

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, I should phrased that differently. Some of the Diddy Techniques, would they be easier with a different control scheme?

My Falco is set up for Boost smashing/ Inverse Boost Grabbing, and all my others use the set-up that I posted.

As far as I can tell (still have to do some searching) I don't see any techniques that would require a different control scheme for Diddy, as I already have Glide Tossing down.

Really? I do the same thing haha. I still go to training mode everyonce in a while

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I never changed my control scheme to boost smash with Falco : /
I just got good with the timing lol. Just used to Snake's one.

As far as I know, it's not worth changing your control scheme specifically to cater for Diddy's playstyle. Again, whatever you feel comfortable with.

Saltix

Smash Lord
lol. For whatever reason, I can do Snake's without any changes, but Falco's just seems too hard unless I change it :/

Alrighty. Thanks for the advice

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
go to the dacula tourny and I'll teach you some stuff with Diddy. If you've been to waba tournaments then you probably already have seen it

Saltix

Smash Lord
go to the dacula tourny and I'll teach you some stuff with Diddy. If you've been to waba tournaments then you probably already have seen it
I'm not sure if I can get a ride to the Dacula tourney. Actually, I'll PM you instead of messaging here.

Helikeldin

Smash Rookie
use bananas as much as possible. they are by far the most useful move of diddy kong. check out the combo vid and see how much that guy uses them

Top Bottom