• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New DDD AT! The Hammer Trot! Another (better) Jet hammer glitch!

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Well, as we know there is a glitch if when you have the jet hammer fully charged and you tilt the stick lightly, DeDeDe does some kind of super dash. However this has been disregarded as fairly unusable in tournament play as it requires the fully charged hammer.

Well, whilst mucking around in 1/4 speed with DeDeDe, I noticed if you have the hammer out (charging or fully charged) and you rapidly stick in the direction you're facing (like your trying to do a really fast foxtrot) Dedede slides along the ground very quickly and accelarates up till a point the more you stick! The advantage is you can do this whilst charging the hammer.

The disadvantage however is that the faster you tap the stick you faster you slide so in regular speed it is not as effective as in 1/4 because I can't yet tap the stick quick enough, however you still get a notable boost.

So at 1/4 speed I did a vague speed test on a long flat stretch in training mode to test the max potential of the hammer trot.
Running : It took around 14 seconds from one side to the other
Hammer Trot: It took around 5 seconds XD

From this we can summarise the Hammer Trot (its a cool name ) is around 3x faster then Dedede's run at max potential.

**As a small side note also, from face value it appeared to me that whilst fully charged the Jet hammer went very slightly slower, but Im not positive of this.

Enjoy

whut?

Smash Journeyman
this is already known ) :
its the same as holding it tilted except you do it manually.
some say its better to tap both the cstick and control stick, but still this isnt doable at normal speed.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
But I heard that you could only do the tilt jet hammer when fully charged, which was the reason for its unpracticalness. Using the tap method it works whilst charging.
If it has been discovered I apologize

whut?

Smash Journeyman
i really dont want to answer and bump this thread....
but, anyone whos toyed around with mech hammer knows you can shuffle while charging, it serves no purpose unless tourneys are put down to 1/4th speed.
this isnt a new DDD technique.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
how has this not been discovered?

i naturally just tap the control stick and at normal speeds wihle i do acelerate it does anothing and you left wiiiide open

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I'm going to use this, get a KO in tournament finals, and have it recorded. Yayuhzzzz.

Top Bottom