• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new Dair feature

linkthesuper

Smash Rookie
firstly, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxS-wLvlBNI and for the record, i am bowsersenemy. just ask me over at gfaqs. anyway, here's the deal.

now, when i say Dair, i use the term lightly, as this can also be done with the midair versions of the Falcon Kick, and Wizards foot.

this can only be done on fall through platforms. characters like Sonic, Sheik, and Toon Link, shoot downwards with thier Dair. so, this is used to thier advantage. get on a fall through platform, and press and hold down on the stick, and press a. yes, just like performing your dsmash, except pressing the attack button just a hair late. you will instead, perform your Dair and hit the platform you are already on. do this to early, and you will do your Dsmash instead. too late, and you will shoot through the platform. the ONLY flaw here, is that from what i can tell, you can only do this from a standing position, because i don't think you can fall through platforms from a run or a walk.

however, through it's flaws, it reduces the time spent performing the move. the character profiting the most from this new move, is imo, Ganondorf. he has almost ZERO start up time for the wizards foot! this makes the wizards foot the fastest starting move i think aside from the neutral A. possibly even faster. recovery time for each move is no different.

the list of known characters that can perform this are as follows.

Dair:

Toon Link
Sonic
Sheik
Mr. G&W
Zero Suit Samus

Special Dair

Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Samus

Samus doesn't really profit from this imo, because it kind of makes her a sitting duck. sure, the bomb blows soon, but that's usualy AFTER she's out of ball form.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
"If anyone can do this, they're good!"

"I just did it"

Set-up much? ^^

nah but nice teachnique. Although I range on the attacks isn't really much to work with. Might help in out prioritizing people who attack you from below?

linkthesuper

Smash Rookie
i have a few ideas in mind. basicly, what makes this good, is sometimes, with some characters, using a dair is a good part of thier strategy. imagine if you could pull them out even faster. that's what this does.

Demon_Gaara007

Smash Rookie
^Yeah, but this is considerably limited in it's use.

However, I do think that something will be figured out.

J0K3R

Smash Journeyman
i imagine that sonic spring glitch will be a pain when someone utilizes what it can do to heavier characters that get caught in it.

SFJake

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't seems incredibly useful, if only that it requires a platform you can fall through. But nice find, its actually something I never saw - and - you didn't just say "hey, lets name it after me" like an idiot. So, 'grats.

linkthesuper

Smash Rookie
honestly, i'm sorry. i didn't know it had been discovered. i don't know if the first topic had a video or not, but i did do that. besides, i got that wierd sonic glitch in there. idk what THAT can be used for, but i'll look further into it. oh, btw. C.F. and Gdorf should be able to pull this off in Melee as well, so there's something for Melee. i'll look into that too, and if so, i'll get another video up. it isn't much, but it may factor into thier Tier placement if it can be used.

Slashed

Smash Cadet
This is kind of old. My friends use it for G&W's dair all the time. Drop down and c-stick dair, so you can use keys repeatedly pretty much. No offense, but try to search next time. =)

linkthesuper

Smash Rookie
sorry for the DP, but i just tested this with CF and Gdorf in melee. it works. i will post video confirmation of this later today along with any findings on the Sonic Spring Glitch.

Top Bottom