• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Controller: C Stick Stuck...

Staub

Smash Cadet
Hello guys,

I got a new GC controller and had a modder throw some new sticks on it... however my c stick gets stuck to the right and down right position. She said it’ll go away if I hold it down super hard but it has not. Is breaking in sticks normal and I mean is your new sticks getting stuck normal?

GhostM

Phantom
I still have the original unmodded GC controller that I use, and usually for me the c-stick tends to get stuck specifically on the most bottom right notches of the controller. Usually it only gets stuck if I put too much pressure towards the notch, but try not to put so much pressure on them. As long as they don’t interfere with your gameplay then you shouldn’t have to worry. Only time I would is if it comes to the point where you can’t move it back to normal position.

Last edited:

Staub

Smash Cadet
Its not coming back and thats why im bugging out she says it will go away but I do nottt believe her

GhostM

Phantom
Yeah honestly not sure what you can do about that. At first I would’ve suggested pushing the c-stick front and back to where it gets stuck so that you can loosen it up, but it appears for your situation it does not budge back at all. I’m not sure for you if the c-stick is either dirty or sticky, so if it is you should clean it. Only other way I can see to fix it is to open up the controller and replace the c-stick. You mentioned you got some new sticks in place, and that might be the problem if their custom sticks and not the actual original GC sticks.

flyboy__

Smash Cadet
Yeah honestly not sure what you can do about that. At first I would’ve suggested pushing the c-stick front and back to where it gets stuck so that you can loosen it up, but it appears for your situation it does not budge back at all. I’m not sure for you if the c-stick is either dirty or sticky, so if it is you should clean it. Only other way I can see to fix it is to open up the controller and replace the c-stick. You mentioned you got some new sticks in place, and that might be the problem if their custom sticks and not the actual original GC sticks.

^^this. I would buy a tri-wing screwdriver and just open it up yourself. It's really not that hard -- just be careful. I've fixed many a controller with minimal effort... good to try it out yourself.

Top Bottom