• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New "Clip" on Brawl Central

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. Make an animated .gif of the selector bar moving, display it on a TV with a DVD or iPod or similar device... then play the sounds in the background. Take video and upload it. Note: must supply own douchiness.

EDIT: or even simpler, to sync it just take the .gif and the sound effects and put them together in a movie editing program. Then just play it on a DVD and film it.
Question, since I can't remember: the music/sounds. Are they stuff we've heard before?

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
lol...wow

Proof that the guy is a huge liar but a good user of flash programs. "Ohh look! I can move around a selection box on a picture shown on the DOJO!! Sorry the quality if still crappy..."

Zek

Smash Ace
This could easily be faked, but why would he even bother? The character select was clearly real. But this video doesn't show us anything even remotely interesting. It's not like he would be tricking us in any way by faking it. I think he has the game but is just screwing with people.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Yeah, this guy didn't fake anything...

Let's see...his video:

Picture from DOJO:

Notice the upper left corner of the difficult box. See the exact location of the flag with the red circle around it. Look familiar?

Metallic_Igloo

Smash Apprentice
I've taken classes on C++ and C# programming languages.
I can honestly tell you that sure it wouldn't be difficult to program, but it would just take too much time. Basically, he'd have to seperate everything that had to be affected into seperate images: each individual difficulty box, the red outline; and for the roster: the hand, the selector circle, each individual character box (only a few for "leaked" video), and the character display. Then somehow they animated the screen before the battle with link, they had to animate it somehow. Also, I just noticed that he puts the cursor hand over the character pic to change colors, it's weird that he'd put the cursor over unless it's fake, but also why program it if it's not important and really fake. He also had to animate to bar that comes across saying its ready to begin. This would be a long process, and it seems like he's done some things you wouldn't necessarily have to do if it was a fake. If it is a fake he put a lot of effort into it, almost too much, which makes me think it's real. He also somehow got a Japanese clip of Pit saying something, I can't here him and don't know that much Japanese, but that'd be very hard to get a sample of, maybe from Whobby. It's a hard call to make.

This newest one would be pretty easy, and almost makes his credibility go down. I also think that maybe in Japan they aren't caring about spoilers as much, maybe they just don't show excitment the same way, or maybe he doesn't put that much effort into recording it since Japan gets it so soon, and the Japanese may not have a demand for this type of thing.

This whole "leak" thing makes me want to try to replicate these just to show how hard, easy, practical, or likely it would be.

Zek

Smash Ace
The music is in this video.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea10.html

Rip the music, cut it at a certain point, and loop it.

All of the material for his videos is on the dojo, though the first video seemed to use the Melee announcer.
Dude, basically nothing from the character select video was on the Dojo. With the sole exception of that Classic mode screenshot, for which he also showed the whole animation leading up to it that has never been seen before.

Talendime

Smash Ace
I don't really mind that much, since we will be getting a lot better info than his junk videos soon anyways.
and it's so funny, 'cause we're (I mean you're ;) ) all going to be laughing at ourselves (I mean yourselves) in a couple of days for getting excited over such nothingness, when there's gonna be so much more to sink our teeth into.

Malius

Smash Rookie
I'm starting to think this leaker is fake. Two things. We've got two videos each with no gameplay...... Why wouldn't he show us an unkown or even known secret character lik jigglypuff?

instead we get him choosing the difficultly and melee music in the background...on a crappy camera no less. I'm saying this is fake.
My thoughts exactly.

Good news though! This completely deconfirms that crappy 35 roster, because this is the same guy who posted that vid.

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
The video is not fake. I have come to this conclusion after realizing that even if it was real, the video is completely and utterly useless.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
=/=

further proof it's fake no stickers/save yo
edit: plus align is way off. at least the guy tried i give him that.
edit edit: plus you can clearly see he was dumb and used the past screen before sticker power ups update.

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
If he doesn't want people to believe this is real, what's the point of posting it? >_>

Metallic_Igloo

Smash Apprentice
=/=

further proof it's fake no stickers/save yo
edit: plus align is way off. at least the guy tried i give him that.
edit edit: plus you can clearly see he was dumb and used the past screen before sticker power ups update.
Actually, it looks like the one with tickers and stuff at the bottom is when your going to play the level over again, while the other screen may be playing right away at the very beginning.

Boofer

Smash Ace
I think that was the most ******** "leaked" video I've ever seen.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Omg... you can select difficulty in Brawl.

Sakurai really DID think of everything, I may faint...

Lucas_User

Smash Journeyman
That was dumbest "leaked" video I have ever seen.
Just choose the difficulty and start SSE already!

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm....

OK, if he shows gameplay this time, I'll believe it. Unfortunaltely, that would mean that that God-awful 35 roster is true....:urg:
Really, what are the chances that Sakurai would ignore a bunch of popular characters (Ridley, Jr., Krystal, etc.) and only add 9 more character than Melee had (26, counting Shiek)?

But it could be very easy to fake this. Just take the pic of this exact same thing form the Dojo, edit the red thing to scroll around, add music, and viola.

Top Bottom