• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New "Clip" on Brawl Central

Agosta44

Smash Ace
The chimps there are having trouble uploading the vid.....hopefully it will be decent. Discuss here.

Malius

Smash Rookie
Remember that person who said he had the game and posted a video clip? Well he had said he had taken a total of three video clips, and I recently came upon the second clip he took. It simply shows him choosing the difficulty setting for Subspace Emissary. We'll be posting the clip soon.
Hmmm....

OK, if he shows gameplay this time, I'll believe it. Unfortunaltely, that would mean that that God-awful 35 roster is true....:urg:

Agosta44

Smash Ace
I like how that site also has updates that change 5 to 6 times in 15 min. Especially the Ness one. LMFAOLOLROFL

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Okay um.....yeah that video is epic fail. That site in general is beginning to fail IMO. They take info from here, copy paste it, say they found it, and watermark images.

Booshnig

Smash Cadet
Central is looking like the Ebaums of Brawl sites.
Also: Video is probably fake. It wouldn't be hard, just take the still image from the dojo and move a red square around :\

Croco

Smash Lord
So what's the deal here? Some guy has the game and taunts everyone by making really short videos of the most pointless things?
A. He/She doesn't have it.. and they are really good at making fakes..
B.He/She does have.. and they are being *******s.
C.It is Sakurai and or someone on his development team $$$$ing with us all.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Central is looking like the Ebaums of Brawl sites.
Also: Video is probably fake. It wouldn't be hard, just take the still image from the dojo and move a red square around :\
The TV bars shown in the video, which appear (I think) because of frame rate disparities between the TV and camera, pretty much prove that it's an actual video. You can hear the sound from the TV, the selection rectangle is affected by the TV bars, etc.

In addition, if the rectangle was being moved around, you would be able to tell by the shaking of the camera having noticeable "jumps" as recording stops and restarts. The camera's shaking was completely natural and unbroken throughout the video (as far as I could tell), so yeah.

Seems legit to me, but I'm still wondering if there's any more evidence either way. And of course, there's always the possibility that this guy is absolutely amazing at making fake videos, which is commendable anyway.

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
A. He/She doesn't have it.. and they are really good at making fakes..
B.He/She does have.. and they are being *******s.
C.It is Sakurai and or someone on his development team $$$$ing with us all.
Hahaha. to think that it might be Sakurai... that would be great. :laugh:

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I'm starting to think this leaker is fake. Two things. We've got two videos each with no gameplay...... Why wouldn't he show us an unkown or even known secret character lik jigglypuff?

instead we get him choosing the difficultly and melee music in the background...on a crappy camera no less. I'm saying this is fake.

Dokuro

Smash Ace
WOW A VIDEO OF SELECTING DIFFICULTY IN SSE THIS SURE IS GREAT

I wish he would show some actual game footage. As in, something not incredibly boring.

Maricalistaro

Smash Journeyman
Lol, doesn't even matter if it's real or not. It doesn't tell us anything or prove anything. In retrospect, it's quite useless.

RicanThunder

Smash Cadet
seems like thats right to me, if i had the game early i would wanna mess with people a bit too

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to think this leaker is fake. Two things. We've got two videos each with no gameplay...... Why wouldn't he show us an unkown or even known secret character lik jigglypuff?

instead we get him choosing the difficultly and melee music in the background...on a crappy camera no less. I'm saying this is fake.
If you were the only person in the world with an unreleased game (besides the developers), would you really spread all the info as soon as you could? I doubt it. You'd show little teasers to stir up controversy, laugh at all the arguments, then either do something big towards the release to prove your legitimacy, or do nothing, and let all the people stand agog as they find out you weren't a fake, once they have the game.

Argorok

Smash Rookie
The TV bars shown in the video, which appear (I think) because of frame rate disparities between the TV and camera, pretty much prove that it's an actual video. You can hear the sound from the TV, the selection rectangle is affected by the TV bars, etc.

In addition, if the rectangle was being moved around, you would be able to tell by the shaking of the camera having noticeable "jumps" as recording stops and restarts. The camera's shaking was completely natural and unbroken throughout the video (as far as I could tell), so yeah.

Seems legit to me, but I'm still wondering if there's any more evidence either way. And of course, there's always the possibility that this guy is absolutely amazing at making fake videos, which is commendable anyway.
It's not too difficult to photoshop something like this and put it on a TV.

sultanofsurreal

Smash Cadet
It's not too difficult to photoshop something like this and put it on a TV.
Exactly. Make an animated .gif of the selector bar moving, display it on a TV with a DVD or iPod or similar device... then play the sounds in the background. Take video and upload it. Note: must supply own douchiness.

EDIT: or even simpler, to sync it just take the .gif and the sound effects and put them together in a movie editing program. Then just play it on a DVD and film it.

brawl.admin

Smash Rookie
thats why you should come to our site when the game comes out. We're going to host downloads, online matches, and downloadable brawl stages in which you create, send in, and then we make it available for anyone to download. Its easy to set up online matches with our site too.

We don't want to feed a bunch of crap to your by posting "rumors" and fake material to gain traffic for our site. We just want the brawl community to come together and add to our site to build up enough material so that everyone can benefit from it.

So if you have guides, character stategies, custom levels you created, or cheats and glitches you found in the game, send it to us and we'll host it for everyone to see.

Right now we don't have an official domain name, since we are in the "testing" development stage of the website and the game still has a month before it comes out.

Let me know how to make the site better, what I should include and what I shouldn't. Check it out in my sig, or if you aren't interested than don't worry about it. We just want to provide all the REAL info we can about brawl, unlike brawlcentral.com, where they are trying to constantly "update" you with information that doesn't really matter or isn't even true.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
If you were the only person in the world with an unreleased game (besides the developers), would you really spread all the info as soon as you could? I doubt it. You'd show little teasers to stir up controversy, laugh at all the arguments, then either do something big towards the release to prove your legitimacy, or do nothing, and let all the people stand agog as they find out you weren't a fake, once they have the game.
No I wouldn't, that's stupid. Also it's suspicious that it takes him days to upload movies....like he's probably having to make them himself.

Top Bottom