• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters...? Who says?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Private Zulen

Smash Apprentice
*ahem* Is this thing on...? *cough cough*

Forgive me if this little query has been brought to everyone's attention on more than one occasion... but when, exactly, did Sakurai or any sort of Brawl executive ever come out to state or even allude to the inclusion of any more characters than those introduced in the E3 trailer?

Kirye

Smash Ace
The simple and plain FACT that Sakurai had a poll for what characters Japan wanted the most. What would be the point of that poll if he wasn't gonna add anyone else? >_>

Private Zulen

Smash Apprentice
God. What the hell happened to Smashboards? The general intelligence on this board has dropped since the countdown went up on Sakurai's site.
And how is this unexpected?

Mmmmmhhmm, did Sakurai make a poll on his site? I heard of that on Gamefaqs Message Boards, but like most things I gamefaqs (Everything with a grain of salt), I didn't buy and found it to be another stupid prank among fans.

Bah.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
lol people wish for more characters a bit too much for them to take this topic seriously. it's like how people won't believe that they actually dont live in a free country.

and on topic: I've never seen anything regarding the release of more characters than introduced, but since it's extreamly alot of the popular franchises arent even in it, i'ts very possible that theres more characters comming out.

and plus, I would certianly hope so lol.

Private Zulen

Smash Apprentice
lol people wish for more characters a bit too much for them to take this topic seriously. it's like how people won't believe that they actually dont live in a free country.
So I've noticed. I'd probably get a much better response had I yelled a racial slur at the Million Man March.

As for myself, I'm rooting for more characters, but it seems foolhardy for every SSB fan to automatically assume there will be more and more characters, and then discuss which ones obsessively.

Private Zulen

Smash Apprentice
Tell me, why would Sakurai ignorer the public and only use 9 characters?
If you must know, I am feeling distinct disdain towards Sakurai at the moment considering the amazingly slow progress on the release of information from him. It wouldn't surprise me, it is all.

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
So would you rather have no info?

Melee did the same. I'm not sure on 64, but I'm 99.9% positive he will be releasing info for the next Smash.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Sakurai himself stated that he would reveal more characters as time went along, alluding to how he released one character per week for Melee. He also stated that there would be 1-2 more third party characters, not counting Snake. There's also this thing called 'common sense'.

And your disdain for his info release is your own problem; in all honesty, no game developer has any real obligation to relase info to the public. They do so at their own discretion. It wouldn't even be unusual if he hadn't released anything again until E3. Any info released is a favor, and this daily update thing is practically unheard of. His info update is, thus, amazingly fast. :D

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
People like this never cease to amaze me... o_0;

First off, if you have been following though with the many announcements regarding Brawl, Sakurai HAS alluded to the inclusion of additional characters on MANY occasions... Besides, that would kinda defeat the purpose of the character poll as was mentioned before, now wouldn't it? (There was a similar poll held prior to the release of Melee - in which many of that games new additions scored quite prominently...)

Secondly, I highy doubt that Sakurai would want to spill all of the beans with regard to new character additions, especially considering that the trailer that revealed all of the currently confirmed newcomers was released over a year before the game's intended release. Also, if you could remember all the way back to Melee, the majority of the newcomers were not revealed until just before it's release.

I would go further, but there is no need to as this "argument" was already moot with the first counter-point (why did I even bother providing a second?). Let's just see how long until the mods cook this turkey of a thread...

Private Zulen

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai himself stated that he would reveal more characters as time went along, alluding to how he released one character per week for Melee. He also stated that there would be 1-2 more third party characters, not counting Snake. There's also this thing called 'common sense'.

And your disdain for his info release is your own problem; in all honesty, no game developer has any real obligation to relase info to the public. They do so at their own discretion. It wouldn't even be unusual if he hadn't released anything again until E3. Any info released is a favor, and this daily update thing is practically unheard of. His info update is, thus, amazingly fast. :D
True. I see the flaw in my logic now.

Again...

@Lord_Deathborne: I have not been following the release info on Brawl save for Sakurai's blog, so I wouldn't know. Maybe, just maybe, the first post was a question, thus accounting for the question mark at the end of the sentence.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
@Lord_Deathborne: I have not been following the release info on Brawl save for Sakurai's blog, so I wouldn't know. Maybe, just maybe, the first post was a question, thus accounting for the question mark at the end of the sentence.
That sounded a lot more like a statement of sarcasm than simple question. Maybe if your query used a less arrogant tone (I'm not stating that it was, but it sure left that impression on me...), you would receive more sincere (and less angry/irratated) responses...

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
i wasn't following melee's progress before it's release, can anyone tell me what melee-specific characters were released at the time of melee's announcement, and also those melee-specific characters who were revealed mere days before melee's release? thanks

Private Zulen

Smash Apprentice
That sounded a lot more like a statement of sarcasm than simple question. Maybe if your query used a less arrogant tone (I'm not stating that it was, but it sure left that impression on me...), you would receive more sincere (and less angry/irratated) responses...
Whoa, you're right... Reading back over it, bolding the "ever" wasn't the best idea.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
heh... just because he asked a question doesnt mean he actually believes that theres only going to be 9 characters, and dawn of the grumpy people just kinda all did a group flame here like a hive of bees stinging aa bunny rabbit.

"Forgive me if this little query has been brought to everyone's attention on more than one occasion... but when, exactly, did Sakurai or any sort of Brawl executive ever come out to state or even allude to the inclusion of any more characters than those introduced in the E3 trailer?"

he was polite, and all he did was ask a question of source, and all of you just assumed that he believed that there's only 9 characters released ever, calling him names and stuff.

it's people like YOU that amazes me. (not pointing fingers or anything, but u kno who u r).

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Gotta agree with Deathborne, your opening post sounded pretty d*mn sarcastic.

Regardless, there will be more than the already-revealed nine characters in Brawl. I'd bet my Adminship on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom