• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters: Masaru Kado (Card Hero) and Mark (Pokemon TCG 1&2)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
*BUMP*

Should I replace both card duelers with the protagonist of AlphaDream's first title, Koto Battle (コトバトル)?:

Or should I replace all three of them with a character that summons monsters, but doesn't use cards, name Kevin (in the middle wearing green clothes) from Monster Tactics?:

I know Monster Tactics is on the GBC but what's Koto Battle on?

parrothead

Smash Lord
*BUMP*

I made a large mistake. The brown-haired card dueler isn't Hiro, he is actually Masaru Kado, according to the title opening of Card Hero.

This image below is the back cover of Card Hero. The blue-haired card dueler that you see here is Hiro himself. He is the one that you control in the game itself.

Chickenboy666

Smash Ace
Card Users? COOL

I have JSS and believe me, Yugi is a great character. Maybe if he has the chance, Hiro would be as great (or more) as Yugi in JSS.

The KotoBattle character looks cool too, and... Alphadream character!!! (just like Demille) (^o^)

Card Users FTW !!!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
*BUMP*

I made a large mistake. The brown-haired card dueler isn't Hiro, he is actually Masaru Kado, according to the title opening of Card Hero.

This image below is the back cover of Card Hero. The blue-haired card dueler that you see here is Hiro himself. He is the one that you control in the game itself.

How did you make that mistake?

Anyway, Blue Hair is cooler. Blue hair FTW.

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
i agree. there are to many pokemon in the game already. I say get the old skool NES and SNES characters like megaman. or an artist Mario from mario paint. definitly diddy kong. no more pokemon. there needs to be more of a variety of games in SSBB

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
i agree. there are to many pokemon in the game already. I say get the old skool NES and SNES characters like megaman. or an artist Mario from mario paint. definitly diddy kong. no more pokemon. there needs to be more of a variety of games in SSBB
What the hell does this have to do with the topic?

parrothead

Smash Lord
*bump*

An upcoming sequel titled Light Speed Card Battle: Card Hero is scheduled for release in Japan sometime in December, 2007. It will feature new monsters and new main characters Satoru, Haruka and their rival, Kiriwo. There has been no word as to whether or not this will be released in any other regions than Japan.

SOURCE

I guess this decreases Masaru Kado's and/or Hiro's chance at appearing in SSBB. When I say "appearing in SSBB", that doesn't mean "appearing in SSBB as playable character(s)", it actually means "appearing in SSBB either as a playable character, an Assist Trophy, a Sticker OR a regular Trophy".

tirkaro

Smash Champion
*bump*

An upcoming sequel titled Light Speed Card Battle: Card Hero is scheduled for release in Japan sometime in December, 2007. It will feature new monsters and new main characters Satoru, Haruka and their rival, Kiriwo. There has been no word as to whether or not this will be released in any other regions than Japan.

SOURCE

I guess this decreases Masaru Kado's and/or Hiro's chance at appearing in SSBB. When I say "appearing in SSBB", that doesn't mean "appearing in SSBB as playable character(s)", it actually means "appearing in SSBB either as a playable character, an Assist Trophy, a Sticker OR a regular Trophy".
*le gasp!*

a new card hero! Even if a card hero character doesn't make it in brawl as a playable character, I still need to play that game! IT MUST BE RELEASED IN THE US, NINTENDO! YOU HEAR THAT!?

I suppose this raises the chance of more card hero representation in brawl. Perhaps as ATs, or if we're lucky, playable characters.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I remember the Pokemon TCG GBC game. It was quite enjoyable. Anyways, I like Mark, if only because he reminds me of Red from the Pokemon Special manga.

parrothead

Smash Lord
*le gasp!*

a new card hero! Even if a card hero character doesn't make it in brawl as a playable character, I still need to play that game! IT MUST BE RELEASED IN THE US, NINTENDO! YOU HEAR THAT!?

I suppose this raises the chance of more card hero representation in brawl. Perhaps as ATs, or if we're lucky, playable characters.
It seems that the original Card Hero was intended to be released in America, but for some reason was cancelled (going to www.card-hero.com redirects you to Nintendo of America's home page). Could this mean that Nintendo will release the new Card Hero title in North America, Europe and Australia?

parrothead

Smash Lord
Thanks again ^_^

Looking at the red/pink cat thing in the second video, I bet more than a few rejected pokemon get their chance to appear in the game
The Card Hero series was developed by Intelligent Systems, not Game Freak or Creatures Inc..

Some creatures seen in the DS version returned from the Game Boy Color version. Here is the box art of High Speed Card Battle: Card Hero:

parrothead

Smash Lord
*bump*

According to VGChartz, over 0.09 million (90,000) copies of High Speed Card Battle: Card Hero (a.k.a. Kousoku Card Battle: Card Hero) are sold. This doesn't sound good. However, Nintendo started printing copies of SSBB by the time Kousoku Card Battle: Card Hero was released. Sakurai might add someone from the DS title to advertise it. If Sakurai adds someone from Trade & Battle: Card Hero, then it would either be Hiro or this character.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I have a question. I don't know this character but I was wondering is Masaru Kado a 1st party character or a 3rd party character? That may dictate his chances of getting in Brawl if he does.

Top Bottom