• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Tin Star (from Tin Star (SNES))

parrothead

Smash Lord
you hate him, therefore he shouldn't be in Brawl. If you can, please post a better, more intelligent comment.

Anyway, in terms of Western nly characters go:

1. Mike Jones (Star Tropics)
2. Tin Star
3. Mr. Stevenson
4. Someone else
5. driver from Cruisin USA
#4 should be Nester, even though he appeared in Pilotwings 64 as Lark, which it was also released in Japan, Nester still hasn't appeared as himself in a single Nintendo title released in Japan. #5 would perhaps be the Elite Beat Agents, who are the American versions of the Ouendan.

I was planning on making a Mr. Stevenson thread some time back... Maybe I will... :grin:
Don't just use FryGuy64's artwork of Mr. Stevenson, use the front cover of the European Gum Shoe box art.

parrothead

Smash Lord
What's wrong with FryGuy64's suff?
Most of them kind of look funny (as in odd). No offense. They all look different compared to Nintendo's official artwork.

FryGuy64's Muddy Mole artwork wasn't as good as the official Muddy Mole artwork, because it was missing some things, like his toe nails and his belly button. The nose, eyes, and head of FG64's Mike Jones looks a little too large.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Don't just use FryGuy64's artwork of Mr. Stevenson, use the front cover of the European Gum Shoe box art.
I thought Gumshow was only released in America?

Anyways, if Tin Star isn't considered, we still have the Wild Gunmen and Sherrif :lick: Sherrif FTW!!!

parrothead

Smash Lord
*BUMP*

According to the Wikipedia article of Tin Star for SNES, it was rated E for Everyone. Even though the box nor the cartridge don't have an ESRB rating labeled on them, ESRB even rates video game titles that came before ESRB was born. Perhaps this means that it's okay for Tin Star to use his revolvers.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Also, his revolvers are more cartoon-based, so it really wouldn't much of a problem in the first place. Still, I don't see where this "no guns in SSBB" crap got started anyway, as Sakurai-san made that comment in context to Snake only - and he does use a freakin' RPG, which is a real world weapon that causes way more damage to the human anatomy (watch Black Hawk Down sometime...) than a handgun ever could...

If they do include Tin Star, I'd like them to use the main theme - great tune and it's very reminiscent of the main theme from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Another reason Tin Star would be cool, he is a cowboy(one of the few professions that embody the nature of kickassness) which Smash Bros is lacking. The solution? Tin Star

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
In regards to an appropriate emblem for Tin Star, first in order is to look to the available media:

From what I could gather from the in game footage, it seems that the profile of his face is more or less the logo of the game, so maybe an outline of it would serve as his emblem for SSBB. Also, the star just behind his face in the title screen would fit as well, as it is different enough from that of Kirby's star - maybe add a bullet hole on the right or left side of it to set it apart further.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
But that would be a little too similar to Kirby's emblem.
How about a cowboy hat, a revolver, or Allumanim's(his horse) head? However, I think his Tin Star sherrif's badge will do fine, seeing how it differs from Meta-Knights and Kirby's.

Cowboys FTW!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
How about a cowboy hat, a revolver, or Allumanim's(his horse) head? However, I think his Tin Star sherrif's badge will do fine, seeing how it differs from Meta-Knights and Kirby's.

Cowboys FTW!
Why didn't I think of that? Tin Star's hat would make a perfect character emblem. Now I feel stupid... >.<#

But I see both agree on the sheriff's star (badge). That would also fit perfectly.

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
I say it would be great if TinStar goes to Brawl. He is quite an obscure character but quite colorful. Some problems are that he is a western character (no pun intended) and his company may no longer exist.

Also someone mentioned Nester. Not only did he appeared as Lark on Pilotwing64, he had his own bowling game under the Nester game for VB.

Anyway, I do support TinStar despite his slim chances.

parrothead

Smash Lord
*bump*

If Tin Star became an Assist Trophy, he would hop on his horse name Aluminum and shout "Hi ho, Aluminum!", while they will gallop toward the enemies along with a cow stampede.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
*bump*

If Tin Star became an Assist Trophy, he would hop on his horse name Aluminum and shout "Hi ho, Aluminum!", while they will gallop toward the enemies along with a cow stampede.
That would sound good as a Final Smash, but its just plain awesome as an AT... Of course, being an obscure WESTERN character, even the AT treatment may be a bit too wishful of thinking for Tin Star... Ah well...

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, if only he could had at least appeared in Japan, there would be a slight chance, still I won't give up.

Top Bottom