• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character Idea: Pious Augustus

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
I looked around, didn't find anything about him already.

he's from Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem and would make an very unique playable character. His attacks would focus on his bone staff and magic abilities. Any thoughts?

Ganondorf

Smash Cadet
I'd much rather have Pious than Alex Roivas as a number of people have suggested.
However, likelihood of either is essentially zero.

If this is to be his one and only support thread, we might as well show a picture of him.

TriforceJ

Smash Apprentice
Pious would be a good idea, but I believe that the "heroes-before-villains" rule goes into effect here, meaning that the protagonist of Eternal Darkness is more likely to appear in Brawl than the antagonist.

Thus, Alex Roivas would be a much better choice.

Pulse

Smash Apprentice
Pious would be a good idea, but I believe that the "heroes-before-villains" rule goes into effect here, meaning that the protagonist of Eternal Darkness is more likely to appear in Brawl than the antagonist.

Thus, Alex Roivas would be a much better choice.
Amen, Bro!
Saw your profile on her on DevArt, and I must say it was awsome!

Ganondorf

Smash Cadet
A much better choice in terms of that rule, but in terms of being an interesting character with good moveset potential, Alex fails miserably.

I don't think your supposed rule should be so strict. The character should be chosen on how representative he/she is of that franchise, not on how pure his/her heart is. If any of you can remember back to the Eternal Darkness hype, it was (skeletal) Pious whose picture was plastered everwhere, not Alex.

Ganondorf

Smash Cadet
How about you add something constructive to the thread...
I already stated that there is no chance that either would appear (whether Eternal Darkness is still property of Silicon Knights or not).

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
Here's the thread that has all of the Eternal Darkness support stuff in it:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=124328

As for Pious vs Alex, Alex is the protagonist, and we have not yet seen a franchise represented by a villain and not a hero. She also has plenty of moves to draw from based on the game. All that said, I'd support Pious in a heartbeat...but from playing the game, you never see him do anything close to the required number of moves (or movements) necessary to not have to invent most of them, and overall he just seems very...brittle. I suppose I just need convincing, but Pious as the sinister force behind the darkness currently appeals to me more than Pious jumping around and smacking people.

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
I think that Pious would be a great Eternal Darkness rep, even more so then Alex. Pious fits the overall tone of the game and could easily reflect it in brawl. That would be harder to do with Alex.

Unfortunately, I don't think either Eternal Darkness rep will make it into the game as PCs, but we always have ATs, Trophies and even stickers to hope for!

Top Bottom