• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Bowser Approach

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
I was running into the problem of getting shieldgrabbed a lot with Bowser, so I've started mixing up my approach. Mostly, I would short hop fairs or run up and grab. But I can usually get people to shield when I short hop, and then just -> B them through the shield. I find that this catches a lot of people off guard, and even when the know about it they still have a rough time trying to react because the possibility of an fair is there.

How legitimate is this approach or, more generally, should I even be bothered to try to approach with Bowser in most situations?

Chrono Centaur

Smash Apprentice
Side-B is basically Bowser's whole game these days; it has no lag, counts as a grab and can set many people up for an fair or a uair, if they have enough damage. It's amazing.

Alfonzo

Smash Rookie
That's actually what I do as well. Nothing like getting some intense damage on your opponent to get the match rollin'.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
:'( It's unfortunate to base a character around a single move - especially when only a few other moves are really used to follow it up.

SN3S

Smash Apprentice
:'( It's unfortunate to base a character around a single move - especially when only a few other moves are really used to follow it up.
Shine? :laugh:

And yeah, the Side B is too good now. I'm still amazed at how fast it comes out; I'm always missing because I time it like it was slower

Top Bottom