• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Bomb Edgeguard?

rhan

Smash Hero
Looks like it could be useful. To me it seems very situational :/

I see how you could use this for edge gaurding a Fox/Falco though.

rhan

Smash Hero
I don't know how the average marth play style is, but the ones I play ussually like to sweet spot the edge. So for me it's better to just plant the bomb on the edge. Like when edge hopping, just drop the bomb while jumping onto the stage. If done right it should just sit there on or close to the edge.

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how the average marth play style is, but the ones I play ussually like to sweet spot the edge. So for me it's better to just plant the bomb on the edge. Like when edge hopping, just drop the bomb while jumping onto the stage. If done right it should just sit there on or close to the edge.
But if you're currently on the edge, they're going to try and land on the ledge, and during that process their sword will hit the bomb and make them go boom and you get in a free Dair.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I dont see that being useful at all. Your better off jumping off and n-airing spacies bomb drop d-air(Laifire!!!)/d-tilt if their coming below. Or just jumping off and n-airing them works too :O

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
........Did you read my posts at all?

PS: Laifire is pretty easy to tech, and so is dtilt. I do agree with the Nair part...but like I said it is situational and also read my posts.

Laijin

Smash Hero
........Did you read my posts at all?

PS: Laifire is pretty easy to tech, and so is dtilt. I do agree with the Nair part...but like I said it is situational and also read my posts.
Laifire is pretty easy to tech. But i've had almost no problems with doing it and expecting people to tech.
From my experience, when you use it once during a set against an experienced player(in my case, KoreanDJ, ChuDat, etc etc), they will likely not try and recover from below the ledge after getting killed once by the Laifire. Lai-fire into dtilt spike works as a surprise. Most likely they won't tech or cancel it because of the shock(Yes..i've seen it happen). But once they've seen it once, it does'nt work again on those types of players. So use it as a trump card for edgeguarding when their recovering from below ;]

Cia

das kwl
it seems useful as a way to cover move options.. but i doubt it would work consistantly. it might work the first 1 or 2 times.. but that's it

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
@Laijin - as an alternative to Laifire I like bomb drop -> dtilt spike.

@VaNz - Like I said, situational, but I've used it multiple times already. It's true potential is just mindgaming them into something else.

Top Bottom