• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New bi-weekly or monthly smashfest?

gametime_dime

Smash Rookie
Hey smashers!

Im admittedly new to the smash boards scene but played smash 64 years then switched over to melee when it came out lost interest eventually when i got a ps2 but I picked up smash 64 again recently.

I was wondering if people would be interested in a new bi-weekly or monthly smashfest in Omaha, NE because I have run out of friends to beat but I dont really like the online scene its not personal and isnt as conducive to learning new advanced techniques. If I get enough interest I would figure out a location if my apartment wont hold everybody. I am just looking to gauge interest.

If somebody already knows of something in Omaha please let me know! I know there are some in Columbia and KC but I cant afford to travel that far that consistently.

I would also be willing to set up teams tournament, 1v1 tournaments, 4 man free-for-all's 12 cb's, low tier tournaments whatever the ppl want. Im really just looking for more ppl to play with!

$$$ Jim $$$

Smash Cadet
Yeah I'm in Des Moines, so ~2 hours away. I'd be interested if I'm not busy that given weekend (aka during the summer). You should check out the Nebraska Smash Group ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/nebraskasmash/ ) to get in touch with people around you. I know Smeesh and Tacoom play a decent Pika and Yoshi respectively, and Rob Moore generally runs tournaments in that area. If you can't get enough interest in Nebraska, I'd check out the Iowa Smash scene ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/iowasmash/ ). People seem to be gearing up to do monthlies in Des Moines, and we seem to be the Midwest scene with the most 64 growth, so keep in touch if you're willing to make the drive.

@ D Dwreck

Dwreck

Smash Cadet
yes we're hungry here for closeish 64 tournies. let us know what you do

gametime_dime

Smash Rookie
I have not set anything up yet. I am moving into a new apartment next weekend and would entertain the idea of holding something there if there is interest or if I would have to look for a venue I have a couple things I could try to pursue.

Mostly I was looking to gauge interest and see what I could come up with. But the facebook group seemed to have a hold of things

gametime_dime

Smash Rookie
When i play online 64 its gametime_dime just like my name on here. But i mostly play console with my brother and some friends. I am not particularly good at the game but I love watching higher level players learning from them and trying to get better. ill join that group as soon as i get home from work

Dwreck

Smash Cadet
if you can make it to lawrence, ks for hype go next weekend that'd be pretty sick

Top Bottom