• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Balance Patch Tonight?

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
I have started to lab Rosalina and Luma...

This serves as irrefutable evidence that she will get a nerf.

And with my luck they will continue to hurt Falcon... A character that is an upper but not high tier with some glaring weakness.. and there for quite balanced.

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
Lol, do you know how laggy Zeldas moves are? Her teleport can be very easy to shield when you know it's coming and when you do shield it you can land a good punish just about every single time. Her Dins Flare also has some pretty bad end lag plus it's also easy to avoid. Even her aerials have some serious lag time that can be punished if you just stay on the ground and shield.

The only characters I play as with reflectors are Zelda & ROB. ROB's is tricky while Zelda's has lag time.

And so what? People constantly whine about Roaslina, Link, Ness, Sonic, Captain Falcon, and more whether it's about buffs, nerfs, or whatever it is they chose to complain about. It happens with every character, not just Zelda. You must be pretty salty with her.

@Erotic&Heretic I like you, lets be friends.
In 2v2 when you have to focus on 2 opponents, she's hard. I'm fighting someone the next thing I die from Zelda's up b. In a 1v1 situation, she's easy. Zelda was clearly meant for 2v2.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Phantom is a chargeable but not store able power projectile like Luma Shot. I think it's fine, although they should lower the end lag of it more.

The biggest buff Zelda can use is less landing lag on lightning kicks and having them be more safe overall. With improved sourspot knockback, she can afford to approach better. Her down smash could also be improved with its hitboxes.

Din's fire also needs much less lag overall and should be sped up. I wouldn't mind if it had a greater area of control either.

Less end lag on Nayru would be appreciated.

Give her a decent keep away game with Din's, give her the ability to approach with lightning kick, give her the ability to defend herself well with Phantom and Nayru's, and she'll be fine.

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
In 2v2 when you have to focus on 2 opponents, she's hard. I'm fighting someone the next thing I die from Zelda's up b. In a 1v1 situation, she's easy. Zelda was clearly meant for 2v2.
And I can say the same for Bowser Jr more or less. When in a 2V2 his projectiles are an insane pain especially when spammed while you have someone else to deal with. Same goes for many other characters too like Ness/Lucas, Link, Samus, and more.

(I also just read your location. Jokes on you, I don't have a wife! Mainly because I'm into men :smirk:)

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
If replays are unplayable that means there have been balance changes.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Why are people discussing possible changes when there wasn't even an update? It clearly still says 1.1.0 on the title screen. There was only server maintenance.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
just fix some of this stuff nintendo
Poor Samus. Reminds me of pre-buff MK.
I swear a huge portion of Smash 4 videos now end with salty clapping though.

Last edited:

Owl_Flavored

Smash Rookie
New version number or no, there are changes to tournaments. There are new "1 stock" options (instead of two stock) for all official tournament modes, as well as "Mii Fighter" tournaments. Not sure what the point of "Mii Fighter" tournaments are, since it doesn't require you to select a Mii Fighter...

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
Guess the small amount I said should be addressed is not the only thing besides move fixing. Sad to see the video forgot jab not linking properly. Guess that's why some consider her worse than ganon, though she has combos unlike him, which is why ganon is the worst imo.

Mizzy Moe

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3883-6486-6414
Lol do you know how laggy Jr's projectiles are? If you use someone like fox or mario who have a reflector, it shouldn't be no problem. Zelda is way more common than bowser jr. I go after zelda because like I said, they're always whining.
im on your side for most of this because i feel like zelda isnt that great but i dont want her to get a buff because i have seen some good zelda players and one of my friends said he may pick her up as a main and he can already kill some pretty deadly ways most of them being sweetspots ive seen but if you hit they're gone.

and one thing i never got is people complaining about how fast sonic is, its in his lore hes the fastest living thing it makes sense that hes the fastest in the game and yes he can be stopped you just will have to time your attacks alot better than say playing a ganondorf

but on to this quote theres other people that can spam more than zelda, mewtwo/samus can sit in the coner shooting the neutral b and samus even has the side b too, not projectiles but lil mac can sit there and use smashes so that he gets armor every attack, rosiluma can shoot luma into the fight as she stays away, rob can spam projectiles or side b, ness can spam pk fire/thunder, peach can spam turnips (not as good as the others but damn i love turnips), charizard can spam flare blitz, lucario can intentionally rack up a bunch of damage on himself to run and spam aura spheres, and more but point is alotta people can be spammy if you want them too it just depends how you play them.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
I probably shouldn't have made that statement. I'm always pessimistic about the smallest things, I swear.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Guess the small amount I said should be addressed is not the only thing besides move fixing. Sad to see the video forgot jab not linking properly. Guess that's why some consider her worse than ganon, though she has combos unlike him, which is why ganon is the worst imo.
Ganondorf actually has combos too, though most of them are fairly unreliable.
I knew about everything in the video, but seeing it all laid out at once just drives home how sad of a character she is.
At least Dorf can kill (I'm hard pressed to find a move in his arsenal other than throws that doesn't kill before 150, and at least half of those kill sub 100.)
Keep in mind too that while Dorf lacks much of a combo game, a single hit does a ton of damage. One FAir or DAir from Dorf equals 3-4 Shiek Fairs.
If Samus wasn't so wonky or could kill I'd say she's better but her zoning isn't even good and she can't kill, so she finds herself as a Ganondorf with crappy projectiles who can't kill and lacks Dorf's unmatched ability to even the odds instantly with a well placed Side-B. Not to mention how good he is at tech chases.

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
Ganondorf actually has combos too, though most of them are fairly unreliable.
I knew about everything in the video, but seeing it all laid out at once just drives home how sad of a character she is.
At least Dorf can kill (I'm hard pressed to find a move in his arsenal other than throws that doesn't kill before 150, and at least half of those kill sub 100.)
Keep in mind too that while Dorf lacks much of a combo game, a single hit does a ton of damage. One FAir or DAir from Dorf equals 3-4 Shiek Fairs.
If Samus wasn't so wonky or could kill I'd say she's better but her zoning isn't even good and she can't kill, so she finds herself as a Ganondorf with crappy projectiles who can't kill and lacks Dorf's unmatched ability to even the odds instantly with a well placed Side-B. Not to mention how good he is at tech chases.
Yeah it honestly sucks. But I still feel she does better than him to some extent, she can't really get camped. Regardless both of them are pretty bad.

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
im on your side for most of this because i feel like zelda isnt that great but i dont want her to get a buff because i have seen some good zelda players and one of my friends said he may pick her up as a main and he can already kill some pretty deadly ways most of them being sweetspots ive seen but if you hit they're gone.

and one thing i never got is people complaining about how fast sonic is, its in his lore hes the fastest living thing it makes sense that hes the fastest in the game and yes he can be stopped you just will have to time your attacks alot better than say playing a ganondorf

but on to this quote theres other people that can spam more than zelda, mewtwo/samus can sit in the coner shooting the neutral b and samus even has the side b too, not projectiles but lil mac can sit there and use smashes so that he gets armor every attack, rosiluma can shoot luma into the fight as she stays away, rob can spam projectiles or side b, ness can spam pk fire/thunder, peach can spam turnips (not as good as the others but damn i love turnips), charizard can spam flare blitz, lucario can intentionally rack up a bunch of damage on himself to run and spam aura spheres, and more but point is alotta people can be spammy if you want them too it just depends how you play them.
Yeah a mod pm me saying " I was flaming". All I said that zelda doesn't need no buffs plus this is a forums site where they usually talk, discuss, debate etc stuff. I guess the mod was a zelda fan too LOL

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why are people discussing possible changes when there wasn't even an update? It clearly still says 1.1.0 on the title screen. There was only server maintenance.
Because people have dreams and hopes for characters to be patched up

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
SERIOUSLY guys...she not that bad... they seem using her like a robot in the video..like a lv -3 cpu
sure if im throwing some missiles when someone is crouching or just smash when somoen is coming for me.... i will be bad.
but samus is good, not the best and yes she need some buff but mannn....just play her DIFFERENTLY.
my english is bad sorry but samus is not the worst in this game.... but yes a little bit of buff is welcome.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
I almost feel bad for it, but even though he just got a bunch of buffs, I kinda want to see Marth buffed further. Also Lucina, though that goes without saying.

They kinda feel awesome now... But there's a ton of things that feel like they should combo into eachother, like they were designed to flow together perfectly, but they don't.

If they did....

Well, that'd be awesome

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I almost feel bad for it, but even though he just got a bunch of buffs, I kinda want to see Marth buffed further. Also Lucina, though that goes without saying.

They kinda feel awesome now... But there's a ton of things that feel like they should combo into eachother, like they were designed to flow together perfectly, but they don't.

If they did....

Well, that'd be awesome
I wouldn't necessarily want Marth to get anything like forward throw into tippered forward smash. That would just completely bork him in this game. I think he and Lucina just need grab damage buffs. Maybe down throw could be buffed to combo into neutral air or something. That's not really needed though, IMO.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Can we all stop arguing about who needs what and accepts that Pac-Man needs the biggest buff of all that is his Star KO being his death cry from HIS GAME

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Can we all stop arguing about who needs what and accepts that Pac-Man needs the biggest buff of all that is his Star KO being his death cry from HIS GAME
It's used in StreetSmash (yeah, I'm one of the two people that played this mode) when his chip goes off the screen. It's crazy how much of a wasted opportunity it was to not use it for his star KO though.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
It's used in StreetSmash (yeah, I'm one of the two people that played this mode) when his chip goes off the screen. It's crazy how much of a wasted opportunity it was to not use it for his star KO though.
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!??!! Sakurai, this is...

They update sounds and add or replace, get this on Pac-Man NOWW!!!!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think Nintendo would tell us beforehand if a balance patch is imminent.

People need to know to save their replays and to make time to download the new content, after all.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
I think Nintendo would tell us beforehand if a balance patch is imminent.

People need to know to save their replays and to make time to download the new content, after all.

The Nintendo that released a disappointing tournament mode? The Nintendo that won't bother to have someone release patch notes of what happened?

I thought they would step into the 21st century with their online stuff... but it seems more like they are being drug kicking and screaming and refusing to do more than the are told they have to.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The Nintendo that released a disappointing tournament mode? The Nintendo that won't bother to have someone release patch notes of what happened?

I thought they would step into the 21st century with their online stuff... but it seems more like they are being drug kicking and screaming and refusing to do more than the are told they have to.
Precedent does not equate to intent.

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I would've liked new stuff that was big, but you can't get excited over every little thing. Don't forget, we just got a new patch a month ago. Don't you think it's kind of a short time between that one and the next one?

Regardless, I'm glad Nintendo added some options to tourneys. It shows they're listening.

Last edited:

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
SERIOUSLY guys...she not that bad... they seem using her like a robot in the video..like a lv -3 cpu
sure if im throwing some missiles when someone is crouching or just smash when somoen is coming for me.... i will be bad.
but samus is good, not the best and yes she need some buff but mannn....just play her DIFFERENTLY.
my english is bad sorry but samus is not the worst in this game.... but yes a little bit of buff is welcome.
Her kill power is worse than Shiek's, and unlike Shiek she doesn't get amazing edgeguarding.
She's not very fast, her attacks either have wonky hitboxes (not the good kind of wonky) or suck for other reasons, she's a heavy that's so floaty that the fact that she's one of the 10 heaviest characters in the game means nothing, and she has at most 3 moves that are legitimately good. (She'd be better than last if Zairs weren't so much worse in Smash 4.)
Even Zelda can outcamp Samus and while both have really wonky moves, Zelda can kill easily while Samus has to work to kill with anything (UpB is her only actually decent kill move and it kills off the top from high up at around 100+)
Need I continue?

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Sheik is a top 1...don't compare with her.

i didnt said that samus is a top 10 (even top 15 ) but she is not the worst and yes she need some buffs.

Last edited:

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
Her kill power is worse than Shiek's, and unlike Shiek she doesn't get amazing edgeguarding.
She's not very fast, her attacks either have wonky hitboxes (not the good kind of wonky) or suck for other reasons, she's a heavy that's so floaty that the fact that she's one of the 10 heaviest characters in the game means nothing, and she has at most 3 moves that are legitimately good. (She'd be better than last if Zairs weren't so much worse in Smash 4.)
Even Zelda can outcamp Samus and while both have really wonky moves, Zelda can kill easily while Samus has to work to kill with anything (UpB is her only actually decent kill move and it kills off the top from high up at around 100+)
Need I continue?
Not to mention her hurtbox.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I don't care what else happens as long as :4sheik: gets crippled.

ZeRo's not going to succeed at poisoning the well. He has to be forced to choose other characters so people will can actually choose more than just her.

Last edited:
Top Bottom