• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*New Automated Official SSB 64 Ladder*

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Metroid was the 2nd one to register... lol

Edit: It looks like the rankings are based off win percentage. I'm guessing wins only count if you challenge people above you? There should be a system where you get more points for winning against someone much higher than you then if they're right above you. This way it's easier for people who join late to rise up if they are good.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
actually I registered like 30th I'm just in 2nd place right now. I only registered because I figured this might eventually be the main ladder because it's automatic, and I wanted to get a quick head start :p

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
I have registered... and WTH? MAD FIGHTER IS THE FIRST? IT CANT BE TRUE

PikashoX

Smash Apprentice
WHO...

DA...

did i say u can talk! did i ask for ur opinion! what u know about that!?
and did i ask for a fake gangsta cursing at me through a smash forum?

no

but we all can't get what we want

btw does shouting all the time give you a sore throat? maybe you should take the money your mommy gives you for cough drops and spend it on drugs...you know...like a gangsta...maybe then you'll die early and save me some time scrolling past your worthless posts

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
***Attention***

For any questions or concerns about the ladder, please post it in our forums.

It's still in the Beta stage, but so far it's working out greatly! It's much more elaborate than what it seems to be and it's only getting better and better. A lot of work is being done for this because once it's complete, it's going to look nice and be amazing.

Can't wait for this on Brawl! AHH!

Oh yeah and this is the link to the SSB Ladder Forum SSB Ladder - Click Me!

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman

no

btw does shouting all the time give you a sore throat? maybe you should take the money your mommy gives you for cough drops and spend it on drugs...you know...like a gangsta...maybe then you'll die early and save me some time scrolling past your worthless posts
hmm tigerbombz isnt responding...
did he just get owned??!!! :p

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace

no

Owned. Nice one Pika.

tigerbombz

Smash Journeyman
BITZ..please! dnt act like u can tell wat gangstas are cuz u dnt know any! what u know about that. How bout u save money too but stop paying guys to put fukign cockks in ur mouth! HOW U LIKE THAT NOW!? get off this piece..i own u!

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing you guys like posting on dark forums and waiting years for people to post back about challenges.

I also believe everyone like to contact metroid or whoever else fixes the updates for every tiny difference that has to be made.

I'm guessing you still use those old forums for a boot legged ladder because most people are still used to it or what? Just wondering...

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I prefer the way Metroid's ladder works. On that ladder you need to win a tournament set to get above the person. In this ladder you just need to beat a ton of people, all of whom could suck, and accumulate enough points to get on top. You also only need one match. I can fluke and beat SuperBoomFan but obviously he would still beat me in a best of 3 or best of 5 set.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Which is why I said that the point system needs to be arranged in an escalator fashion. You get more points for beating people who are ranked a lot higher than you, less for people ranked right above you, and none for people ranked below you.

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
Which is why I said that the point system needs to be arranged in an escalator fashion. You get more points for beating people who are ranked a lot higher than you, less for people ranked right above you, and none for people ranked below you.
yeah that should work great.

I'm guessing you guys like posting on dark forums and waiting years for people to post back about challenge.
i've just challenged like 5 people and it seems i'll be still waiting for them to answear me or something, so, same story like on the forums.

anyway being an automated ladder is enough a big improvement so far.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree, for the most part.

But I think you should get some points for beating people who challenge you, even if they are below. I also think that you should get points for beating people who are maybe up to five places below you (But less than beating people above you).

felix45

Smash Lord
you shouldn't get anything for people who you beat that are below you. beating those below you only confirm you are where you belong, not that you need to be moved higher up. that's just dumb.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
You know, it'd be a lot better if it was like Metroid's ladder. Because people that don't play all the time that may be better than others that play all the time will have a harder time catching up.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
WTF i have three chalengues and i'm wondering why if i'm 14... AND I'M 7 when i ahvent played around a week OH MY DOG...

i cant understand

felix45

Smash Lord
just an FYI to everyone here, okaygo said on ixi's forum that if we want ladder changes we need to make polls.

I made polls to make it best of 3 or best of 5 and to change it from a point system to a ranking system like metroid's. vote in the 2 topics!

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
I wonder who plays on it still I'll do some work on it over the summer... (this week)

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
JamieHR, can you play in Reps Emulinker UK? I can't go to Emularena from Egypt so I didn't accept your challenge in case you want to remove it. I'll be back to the US in a month though, so we could play then.

-MR

Top Bottom