• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT(?): the Gyro-Cancel

Zastrozzi

Smash Cadet
Greetings from the ROB boards!

I know that we're apparently at war, but I thought that you might be interested in something that we've (well, mostly Toasty) found out. Thanks to the charging property of FLUDD, Mario might (and I mean MIGHT) have a way to pivot in mid air.

The gist of it is this: you activate FLUDD in mid air and immediately hit shield to cancel it. The move SHOULD cancel in the first few frames, allowing you to wavebounce/pivot in mid air. I say SHOULD because ROB does this with his Gyro (hence the name). FLUDD has many of the same properties as the Gyro (you can charge and cancel it in mid-air), but I've never been able to successfully do it.

But I'm a newb, so maybe other people can get it to work.

You can see two gyro-cancels at 2:14 in this video for an idea of what it is like-
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=yl6b79_1Th0

There you have it. The presence of ROB's technique proves that Mario is, in fact, a robot. Come, join your fellow robot overlords in our dominance of the Smash Bros. world!

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Mario actually has a soul and what FLUDD does is irrelevent to what kind of species Mario is (which is obviously superhuman considering his characteristics). Thanks for the information. This will be useful for us Mario players to beat ROB!

???????

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for the information but the same can already be done with a B-reversal.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
HERESY! Leave the mario boards now heathen or I'll stick my fludd where the sun don't shine! *Fills fludd with Clorox bleach*

This may work in theory, I have yet to test it though.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
There you have it. The presence of ROB's technique proves that Mario is, in fact, a robot. Come, join your fellow robot overlords in our dominance of the Smash Bros. world!
All this proves is that R.O.B. stole from Mario.

I mean duh. R.O.B. was HIDDEN, and we have to UNLOCK him. If you get my drift.

We Mario mains will gladly take credit for the technique that rightfully belongs to us. =)

Zastrozzi

Smash Cadet
All this proves is that R.O.B. stole from Mario.

I mean duh. R.O.B. was HIDDEN, and we have to UNLOCK him. If you get my drift.

We Mario mains will gladly take credit for the technique that rightfully belongs to us. =)
So... I guess that means that ROB is an Italian plumber robot. Who would have thought it?

Anyway, a better example of the tech is this:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=IZejjfEsS58

It is just ROB taking out the gyro and putting it away again. Which is what makes it so cool. Notice how he cancels it without dodging at the end? This means that you A: can pivot in mid air, and B: "wavebounce" to sharply change your horizontal velocity without using a B-attack. It's like a mid-air wavedash.

That being said, I can't get it to work for Mario. It seems that FLUDD can't be canceled until mario assumes the position and the "spark" occurs. Again, you guys should try it out yourselves to see if it can be done.

Top Bottom