• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT "Sliding F-Smash"// this thread needs to be closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomkraven

Smash Journeyman
Hi, about a month ago i discovered this techinique which i call "Sliding F-smash" or Slash xD.
Its quite easy to perform and its faster than pivot/true pivot. All you need to do its to tap in the desired horizontal direction and as soon as the dash animation starts tap the ctick forward or backwards.It is best to do it facing forward as kind of a mindgame. The animation will look like your character fsmashing while moving forward or backwards. The characters that give the most use are(as far as ive tested) : Marth,Diddy,GnW,Lucario,Wario and Mario.

I was quite afraid of posting this technique as i though it was already discovered but until now ive never seen someone using it except for me and the people ive taught this AT. If im wrong with this ill ask a Mod to close this thread as soon as possible.

Ill try to get a video as soon as posible

Edit: I credit this to rohins as he discovered this way before me and i again apologize for this.

Justaway

Smash Apprentice
I haven't heard of it before so I think it's new but I have a hard time believing it cause it seems too simple. it might be some sort of variation on the smash boost or the Dash Pivot Cancel.
most likely the smash boost but as far as I know it can only be performed by Mario and C. Falcon

a video would be appreciated (:

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
I think I've heard of this, but I don't remember where.
I remember I tried it though, it was probably a few weeks ago.
I think it was called dash cancel fsmash...?

Tomkraven

Smash Journeyman
this is not shutter step as you dont imput the opposite direction to do it and you can do it with every character. Also you can have certain amout of control of how much you can slide while doing it depending on how fast you perform it. the longest slide ive seen is diddy's because he moved about 1 1/4 diddys forward. ooh BTW if u delay it too much ull end up doing dash attack instead of the smash.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
This mechanic is known, unfortunately.

This is simply a step in True Pivoting. Initiating a dash, then F-smashing either manually or with the C-stick.[/B] The difference being that True Pivoting can be done out of a fox trot.

As for it's use with Diddy, yes, it's known. At the very least, Pa0ol was instrumental in demonstrating this to Diddy players...more than half a year ago.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Hmmm... I kinda do something like this... Try it with a foxtrot.

I truly believe that foxtrotting is more useful than what most people give it credit for, but that's just me.

MarTh-

Smash Apprentice
thanks, ill try this out. From that other thread it said its most noticable on link

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Hmmm... I kinda do something like this... Try it with a foxtrot.

I truly believe that foxtrotting is more useful than what most people give it credit for, but that's just me.
It depends a lot on the character. There is the risk of tripping after all, but for characters with wierd fox trots, like DK, I would say its useful.

As for this technique I figured it out myself a while back, dont seem to use it much though, perhaps because I main Lucario and DK, who dont really get a range boost from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom