• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT for Pit?

arm

Smash Apprentice
So I was doing some experimenting w/Pit, to see if I could do an effective sliding usmash, and it worked!

Heres what I did:

Dash -> Z^ (HOWEVER, rather than straight up, go diagonal up in the direction that you are dashing)
OR
Dash -> Jump -> cancel with usmash
Result: Do a sliding usmash and travel about a fourth or more of FD. Im not sure what determines the distance, so if one of you guys can figure that out, then kudos!

Well, tell me if youve heard of this, or if you think it will be useful. From the looks of it, Im now calling it JCU, Jump Cancelled Up-smash

kupo15

Smash Hero
how you are right. I think you have enabled jump tap but this can be done by us pressing jump before the Usmash. This is the longest I have seen Pit slide with the Usmash, thanks for sharing! ^_^

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Wait is this the DPC? I've slid really far while using the DPC into a USmash.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I was doing this without Z, but maybe I'm wrong. Sometimes when I dash, then turn around, I run a bit more, do the diagonal thing and then slide.
Othertimes, I just run and do the diagonal thing, and I perform a Sliding Usmash.
It's pretty interesting and I use it in my matches.

kupo15

Smash Hero
no it isn't the DPC. Ill post a vid later. I can slide the whole distance of the inner diamond on FD. I dont think you need the fancy button input. I think Pit can actually cancel with dash attack like snake.

Immediately after you press A to do the dash attack, move the joystick up.

The fancy button input may allow you to do this from a standstill. idk

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
no it isn't the DPC. Ill post a vid later. I can slide the whole distance of the inner diamond on FD. I dont think you need the fancy button input. I think Pit can actually cancel with dash attack like snake.

Immediately after you press A to do the dash attack, move the joystick up.

The fancy button input may allow you to do this from a standstill. idk
Oh? well, I await your video then! ^_^

xeleion

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing around with this, and I think it depends on when in the dash/run animation you start the usmash. I haven't figured it out though yet, so I'm going to keep testing.

kupo15

Smash Hero
yup as i said, only the button is really necessary. I believe the one across the diamond and the last one slide the same length. The one with the diamond is only using the A (superslide) and the last one is with the dash, jump cancel, u smash

Mythol

Smash Cadet
I think I may have dine this quite a few times by accident :o I've been trying out how to do thisfor quite some time now. I have tried dashing>c stick down>z up but nothing. Thanks for this discovery! I do remember tho that sometimes this slide tends to go right through the character and for some reason it dosn't pull the opponent in. Lets hope I'm wrong!

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I find I get far more distance with the DPC slide

kupo15

Smash Hero
I think you are talking about the pivot slide not DPC. Dash pivot cancel is when you pivot from a dash, then reverse your direction while doing a Forward smash while sliding back. I never tried from a pivot slide so i will have to check.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
O_O Are you saying you can dash at your opponent, pivot by dashing the other way, and do a forward smash the other direction making you slide backwards while forward smashing? Wow, I either don't understand what pivoting truly is or I haven't read about this yet...

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Whoa... O_O What did that guy do to glide toss?!? That was such a huge sliding distance... Wow, I see what dash pivot cancel is. Thanks so much Kupo. Also, is Angelic step supposed to look like you walking a short distance out of a backward spot dodge?

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions... It's just that these techniques are so new to me...

kupo15

Smash Hero
its ok but did you check the sticky "read before posting" ? I know it is unorganized but try to bear with it

xeleion

Smash Apprentice
OK, reading through this... has anyone found a surefire way to pull this off yet? The only way I can do it right now with 100% accuracy is if I smash a direction from a standstill and then cstick up. I can do it while running, but sometimes I slide and sometimes I don't.

arm

Smash Apprentice
Did some more experimenting:

Dash -> tap jump -> cancel with usmash

I think whats happening is your canceling Pits jump with an usmash. Hope this helps

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
DPC + Usmash = more distance then this.

Top Bottom