• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New at for Lucas' tether

supercake

Smash Apprentice
if anyones been reading the tactical forum lately look at this thread http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=159492. someone's found a way to recover at very high percentages if smashed horizontally by airdodging followed by zair. apparently the airdodge cancels the tumbling animation so you can use zair to latch onto the edge instantly. this can only be done with 3 other chars. what do you all think?

Levitas

the moon
the funny thing about this is that DI that would be horrible normally is good in this case. The other three would be Link, T. Link, and Samus, right?

Cervial

Smash Cadet
I found this out Wednesday while playing with a couple of my friends, but I have trouble pulling it off consistently. <_>

Levitas

the moon
it's more like this: you have to be hit from the other side of the stage slow enough to airdodge (and finish airdodging) before you reach the edge. It also must be done off of a move that you can DI down well enough that you're sent perfectly horizontal. hit z right as you're passing the edge.

Powda

Smash Apprentice
I've been doing this on accident during friendlies for a while. We used to all laugh and be like WTF was that?

Usually what would happen is as I'm being Fsmashed I would shield grab with bad timing, so instead of grabbing them I would get smashed and my snake would go behind me and grab the edge...

I was always like WTF, why did my snake go behind me and grab the edge instead of you......

supercake

Smash Apprentice
maybe upb chars can do it too, Im not sure. Still if someone could mess around with this for a while and find all the good situations and setups to use this in (maybe against specific chars) it could give lucas an addtional edge.

Levitas

the moon
Also, if someone can check to see if you can buffer a grab out of an airdodge by pressing z twice, that would be good.

Top Bottom