• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT! (dive bomb?) Edit: already found out...

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Edit: My bad, it's called glideshifting. I've never seen it, but maybe you haven't ^ ^

I think I just discovered an AT. I could recreate it a couple time, but it's very hard to do, and I'm not exactly sure how to do it:

Ok, I went to training mode to practice my ATs at FD and I decided I'd practice gliding and stopping by pressing "x". I learned how to do this pretty well and I did something on accident. One time while I started gliding, my body was in the gliding animation (in the beginning) and I just fell. My body fell and then hit the floor as if I glided down to the ground. I tried to recreate this on FD and I couldn't. I went to Hyrule Castle from melee to see if I could do it again. I went to the very top of the level on that one platform up there to try it, to see how far my body could fall if I was able to do it again. I did it again! And I fell a decent distance. About all the way to the second platform. It was crazy! and fast! I could recreate it a couple more times by semi-randomly inputting down and x and stuff. I'm not exactly sure how to do it, but I'd like y'all to try it out. Hopefully this will prove useful. I think it'll be a GREAT edgeguard tactic. You decide. Oh, and y'all can decide the name of it also, unless dive bomb works well...maybe DanGR dive? idk...

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just hope this already hasn't been discovered. Oo I've sure never seen it. It looks like it'd be a great way to edgeguard. It might be another way to ledgehog also. You jump up real high, and db(dive bomb, so far...) to the ledge. you cancel it via "x" and grab the edge!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I think this is GlideShifting from the description you're giving. It's where you Fast Fall between the end of your midair jump and your Glide. This makes you shift downward before initiating your Glide.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, it's not new? crap. how come no-one ever uses it then? It seems great. how do you do it exactly?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I use it all the time. Like in every one of my matches. It's in some of my compilation videos too along in my UndrWorld series. ^_^

kown

Smash Lord
lol itd be funny if it was glideshifting.
Dangr you should get it on replay and send it to someone but first check what glideshifting is on youtube or maybe these forums have a vid and see if thats what u performed.

Edit: i hate posting at the same time as every1 it completly ruins my post lol

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh great. I feel really dumb... I think this is why we need an AT guide...

Edit: *cheeks turn red* I think what I did went lower though...I'll edit the OP.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
lol Poor Kown.

But anyway checking out the UndrWorld videos might be the best way at the moment to see if something has been discovered. Of course you won't find everything in those videos, but nearly everything is in them. ^_^

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I looked at 4 of them just now. I didn't see anything that I didn't see the first time I saw them. I saw wing cancel, wing dashing, arrow looping, angelic stepping, and some pretty cool combos. :)

Top Bottom