• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Assist Trophy: Andross

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman

"Heil Hit- i mean, Sakurai"
Registeel was always a nazi deep down inside....

Andross is the best assist trophy I've seen so far, those panel-things are going to kick everyone's a*s. Also, did "Only I have the brains to rule lylat" make anyone aside from me think about Brain Age a bit?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Registeel was always a nazi deep down inside....

Andross is the best assist trophy I've seen so far, those panel-things are going to kick everyone's a*s. Also, did "Only I have the brains to rule lylat" make anyone aside from me think about Brain Age a bit?
No, for some reason it made me think of that one part in Star Fox 64 when Andross says "Only I have the brains to rule Lylat."

Pima

Smash Journeyman
GREAT

That's all I can say. I love how Sakurai is bringing old school back

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
This update provides further evidence to the "You control/are the AT" Theory - would it be that bad a feature?
You morph into Andross, and keep tapping A to produce more Panels?
Tap A to throw more Hammers as a Hammer Bro?
Knuckle Joe final hit - A = Rising Break, B = Smash?
Nintendog - A = Left Paw Up, B = Right Paw Up?
I'm all for it.
Sakurai on Assist Trophies said:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl is sort of like a festival that all sorts of characters show up for. Bear in mind, though, that you can’t control any of the characters appearing on these pages. Let there be no mistake about that.
/rolls eyes

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
^ pwnt

What's funny is that I was looking through the site today, re-read the original AT update, saw that part and thought to myself, "Self... I remember when there was a debate where some people thought that you actually controlled the AT. I wish I would have remembered that little bit of info"

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
So those of you who want the other andross to be a boss, do you want the ape form from SF64, or his real form from SF64?

Also, how would they handle him without making him too similar to Master/Crazy hand?

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
That's just silly... they're not going to do that, nor should they.

On the other hand, they could be in different modes. I don't think I expect Master Hand to be in the Adventure Mode anyway; I expect them to keep the Classic Mode intact.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
I thought the newer Andross version would be a boss.
But who knows, it's still possible.

waffu

Smash Cadet
Kinda lame to put a boss as an assist trophy, would have made more sense for story mode. I guess they might use a different Andross for story as some people are saying.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
If only it was SF64 Andross I would of totally made my post quote's of what he says in the game.

also Fun fact: This is the first Starfox related item to appear in a Smash bros. game!

Fanewgie

Smash Ace

this got a smile out of me.
Hahahaha. Wario is going to be such a riot, both graphically and audibly.

This is probably the coolest AT ever. The artist in me kind of wants to see a Brawl'd out rendition of his newer forms, but the nerd in me quickly stomps the artist's face in out of pure excitement and joy. Nostalgia ftw.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
Dammit :( Now you made me think Sakurai would make a hilarious quote out of that.
DO A BARREL ROLL!

But seriously, I think if the booster pack was an item, it would basically give any character 6 jumps, like kirby/MK/etc . or maybe you have to hold the button like in Assault. Either way it shouldn't cancel knockback so as not to become cheap.

Another cool item would be the Missile Launcher.
anyway, i assume that sf64 Andross is Fox's boss, or someone from SFA is.
Assault? Or Adventures?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Why would Andross have to be Fox's boss? Kirby is the one fighting Petey Piranha. Isn't it obvious that the bosses you face won't necessarily be from the same game as the character you're using?

And why does 64 Andross have to be a boss? He could appear as another AT, if at all.

There are tons of giant bosses in Star Fox. Any one of them could be a SF boss in Brawl. Why would it have to be Andross? Petey isn't Mario's final boss.

Top Bottom