• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Approach Option? (Also

So I've been playing a bit of For Glory and I may have found a new approach option that I have not seen before.

So it's quite simple. Short hop FAir into Short Hop into FAir.
Any thoughts on this?

Also could someone rate this short clip of my movement?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9T3L6WO0tI
Please note that this is a very old video that I only recently got around to posting.

--The Bard

Pixel_

Smash Ace
I heard that Bowser should try to never leave the ground because he's really bad at landing. If the opponent powershields the Fair or if you misspace it, then they can knock you into the air, and that won't be a very good situation to be in. Stick to jab, I guess.
EDIT: Also, the comment on your vid says pretty much everything. Having a bad rolling habit isn't good for any character, really (unless you're playing with lag lol).

Last edited:

K~G|Spacejam

Best data miner in Geelong. (Screw you KH)
I uh... what?

Short hop fair isn't really safe on shield, let alone doing 2 of them.

Also what are we meant to rate for your video? You didn't really do anything except what appeared to be mash buttons. I would recommend you look into not rolling so much and going for some grabs.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
As far as I know SH F-air is only good for retreating. I mean, it autocancels, but Bowser also has a lot of jumpsquat frames, so it's not really worth it to approach with F-air at all. I tend to just play footsies, bait, or go for grabs, it's so much safer...

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Approach? Shorthop aerial? Sir, this is the bowser board, not the diddy board. XD

Anyway, onto your video:

-stop rolling so much. slow it down a bit and dont be overly aggressive.
-ease up on the fire breath. its super unsafe if you miss and the damage isnt even that good
-stop landing with aerials. period. bowser's biggest flaw is his inability to land safely, and aerials only make it worse. land with sideB if anything.
-work on your grabs. grab-upthrow should come so naturally to you that you dont even think about it.
-never use downsmash. just forget it even exists. upB straighup outlcasses it.
-play against actual human opponents. anyone can beat up a CPU and look good doing it.

Thank you all for your feedback. It worked in a couple matches so I thought it might have been a new approach option.

Also thank you all for the feedback about my movement. It was quite a bit ago so I believe that my movement has improved.

--The Bard

Top Bottom