• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Announcer Speculation

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Awhile back I made a thread about the possibility of a new announcer, and a new announcer has been confirmed!

Brian McKeever

Demo Reel: http://voice123.com/demos/3465987.html

On the 3.6 trailer you can hear him say "GAME!", which shows their probably going for more of a Xander Mobius impression.

Last edited:

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Not trying to kill your topic (or your hype) but it's not Xander Mobius. I would hazard a guess that no one here has heard of this particular gentleman.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Not trying to kill your topic (or your hype) but it's not Xander Mobius. I would hazard a guess that no one here has heard of this particular gentleman.
It is obviously not, but it's not an impossibility since he's been very in-touch with the fanbase and I'm not surr how far-fetched it'd be for him to do a fan-project, but it doesn't sound enough like him.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Can't say I'm not disappointed that I didn't manage to get everything done and try out for being the announcer, but the guy chosen does sound very good. Congrats to him, looking forward to hearing him in game.

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Make the new announcer record voices for Lucina, Pichu and Ridley pls (and a bunch of other PSAs like Geno and Megaman)!...

What? You can't do that because they're not officially included in PM?
LALALALA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

... :(

Beorn

Smash Journeyman
After hearing "GAME" in the trailer, I really think it would be nice to add the echo effect that all other smash titles have had. When I think of a smash announcer I don't think of a normal cool guy voice. I think of a synthesized almost robotic voice. It would sound very plain to just have him read off the lines and use them strait from the recording.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
After hearing "GAME" in the trailer, I really think it would be nice to add the echo effect that all other smash titles have had. When I think of a smash announcer I don't think of a normal cool guy voice. I think of a synthesized almost robotic voice. It would sound very plain to just have him read off the links and use them strait from the recording.
I cannot imagine them not adding an echo for other things such as the CSS.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Will some lines recite back to Melee such as "This game's winner is..." instead of Brawl's "The winner is..."?

And I assume the obvious that certain lines won't be referring to certain modes as "Special Brawl" anymore but rather "Special Versus" as it was renamed in Project M.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Can't wait to hear all the characters' names with the new announcer. Hope that they sound good!

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Can't wait to hear all the characters' names with the new announcer. Hope that they sound good!
I'm just glad that we'll have someone who can properly pronounce Mewtwo. The spliced version made it sound the the announcer was saying his name with a bunch of peanut butter in his mouth or something.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I know, It's going to feel great and refreshing to hear new announcer sounds during gameplay.

I'm just glad that we'll have someone who can properly pronounce Mewtwo. The spliced version made it sound the the announcer was saying his name with a bunch of peanut butter in his mouth or something.
MEEUDOOO

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
To be honest I went back to Brawl for a night and Pat's sound clips are very hit or miss. You get some good ones likes Falco, Wolf, Ganondorf, and a few other name announces but many of his clips sound lacklustre. Xander IMO is to Pat as the Melee announcer is to the 64 one: polishing the style of the previous game and improving on it.

I won't expect the new clips to be of that quality of "pulling you in" but it still is promising regardless.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
I've always loved Pat's work as the announcer but Brian certainly is exciting. I can't wait to hear how he sounds saying all the character's names.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
As long as he gets the character names decently enough I think we will all be hype.

Smash in general has lucked out in the fighting genre by having at least decent announcers each game. Not too many fighters can boast that but it is a nice touch for personality and flair.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
As long as he gets the character names decently enough I think we will all be hype.

Smash in general has lucked out in the fighting genre by having at least decent announcers each game. Not too many fighters can boast that but it is a nice touch for personality and flair.
Don't forget that Project M is just a mod, as in there can and will be updates and if they want to they could just re-record lines for higher quality or get a new announcer entirely.

Top Bottom