• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New announcer/Master and Crazy Hand Voice Actor?

Evil Yoshi 85

Smash Cadet
Every new Smash has a new voice actor performing as the voice of the announcer and Master/Crazy Hands. Can you guys think of anyone who might do a good job? I think Joel Goddard (Conan's old Late Night announcer and old announcer for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) might do a good job, or maybe Charles Martinet in Paarthurnax's voice.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Don't Master and Crazy hand keep the same voice in each game so far? Also, I don't know who in particular could be good for the announcer voice but I have noticed that the voice gets deeper in each game so maybe it will be slightly deeper?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Wizzrobe mai boi!!!
Each game we've had a different announcer (at least in English). The Brawl announcer was actually the Bill Nye the Science Guy Announcer! :chuckle:

But yeah, IMHO the perfect voice actor would be somebody who has a cheesy but strong voice; kinda like the Smash 64 announcer's "all in" voice attitude and the touch of cheesiness mixed with the "sound" and the pitch of the Melee announcer mixed with the "loudness" and clarity of the Brawl voice announcer.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If anyone's curious, I'll post links to what each of the Smash series announcers has done in the past to help us get an idea:

Jeff Manning (64)
Dean Harrington (Melee)
Pat Cashman (Brawl)

Interesting enough, the 64/Melee announcers have lent their voices to other fighting games too (some of them they're narrators as well)

Oh, and Johnknight1, the English announcer always voices the Japanese version of the game too (he'll just say some of the characters/menu their Japanese version of their names if they are different)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I was wondering why the TvC announcer sounded so familiar! Because he's the smash 64 announcer! :cool:

Also Wario Bros., thanks for that correction. I knew that the English voice actor voiced the Japanese versions of Melee and Brawl, but I was unsure with Smash 64, given that said game only came out internationally after it became a hit in Japan. :shades:

But yeah, as long as the announcer isn't Snoop Dogg, who is the announcer of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (a game also developed by Namco Bandai), it's all good! :grin:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
@ Wizzrobe mai boi!!!
Each game we've had a different announcer (at least in English). The Brawl announcer was actually the Bill Nye the Science Guy Announcer! :chuckle:

But yeah, IMHO the perfect voice actor would be somebody who has a cheesy but strong voice; kinda like the Smash 64 announcer's "all in" voice attitude and the touch of cheesiness mixed with the "sound" and the pitch of the Melee announcer mixed with the "loudness" and clarity of the Brawl voice announcer.
Well I meant only the master hand voice actor, not the voice actor for the announcing part. And I would really like to see Smash 64's voice actor again lol

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
One of the SoulCalibur announcers. Imagine a match starting off with something like that.

"3! 2! 1! Go!"
*Pikachu and Yoshi appear*
"Two souls meet again to find new truth about their destinies."

MrBigstuff

Smash Apprentice
All you people saying Morgan Freeman have a good thing going, but let's step it up with our Hollywood voices.

James. Earl. Jones.

Master Han

Smash Rookie
Ian Mcdiarmid! (I was going to say it anyway). Palpatine is the best villain EVAR!

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Maaya Sakamoto for Smash 4 announcer lol
Or just use C. Falcon's voice actor as the announcer, or the N64 guy, or Joe Kucan (Kane's voice actor for C&C)

Christian Baal for Lucario voice, and whoever did Diablo's voice or Baal's voice in Diablo 2 for Crazy Hand and Master Hand

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
If we wanna go badass, extravagant and downright sexy, I wouldn't mind Crispin Freeman, honestly. ¦D

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
@ Wizzrobe mai boi!!!

Are you serious the announcer in brawl is the deep voice guy on bill nye the science guy awesome I loved that educational show as a kid and I'm not afraid of saying this I would love to see it again

By the way he also did the voice of master hand and crazy hand as well

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Are you serious the announcer in brawl is the deep voice guy on bill nye the science guy awesome I loved that educational show as a kid and I'm not afraid of saying this I would love to see it again

By the way he also did the voice of master hand and crazy hand as well
Yes it was the Bill Nye the Science Guy announcer, and yes, like the announcers previously on Smash 64 and Melee, he did the voices of the Hands.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Somebody call Morgan Freeman already!

But on a serious note. Christopher Nolans rendition of Batman.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Phil LaMarr, his voice is soooooo good. Here is him as Aquaman.

Top Bottom