• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New and Seeking Diverse Opponents

HouseLuggage

Smash Rookie
Hello Smashboards! This is my first time on the site and I am hoping to meet some new friends to spar against so I can gain some more matchup knowledge before hopefully entering a tournament sometime in the near future. I've been playing smash 4 since it came out but then took a small break from it for a while. Last week I came back to it after failing miserably at playing my friends in Melee. Lmao So I'm currently really enjoying Marth in smash 4 wii u and am hoping to fight some diverse opponents consistently to learn new matchups.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Hello, and thanks for joining! Starting out, we have some resources that would greatly help in both finding matches and learning match ups.

If you're looking to practice via online, you can use our matchmaking threads.

For Wii U -
https://smashboards.com/threads/the-nnid-sharing-thread-find-opponents-here.356271/

For 3DS-
https://smashboards.com/threads/the-3ds-friend-code-sharing-thread-find-opponents-here.340319/

If you're trying to find a scene near you, where you can find tournaments or Smashfests, I'd recommend looking through Regional Zones.

https://smashboards.com/forums/regional-zones.89/

Lastly, if you're looking for character-specific info, such as match up knowledge/advice, I'd recommend hitting up the Character Sub-forums. The one specifically for Marth in Smash 4 is here-

https://smashboards.com/forums/marth.416/

Other than that, feel free to look around the site and ask if you have any questions. Best of luck if/when you do end up entering a tourney.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
IsmaR IsmaR hit most of the important links but I'd be remiss if I didn't give you my typical welcome post. :)

Welcome to

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Check out the respective character boards for helpful tips.
Character guides can be found here.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Click here or here to socialize and have fun.

Check out the new Smash Connect forums for user based services including artwork and customization services.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @WolfieXVII @Trieste SP @ Cyn Cyn and @Hong

:starman: Name changes :starman: Bigger avatar and signature :starman:
:starman: Post backgrounds
:starman:
:starman: Enjoy Premium-exclusive forum and giveaways :starman:
:starman: Support the Smash community and sign up today! :starman:

bottomtext

Smash Rookie
Hello Smashboards! This is my first time on the site and I am hoping to meet some new friends to spar against so I can gain some more matchup knowledge before hopefully entering a tournament sometime in the near future. I've been playing smash 4 since it came out but then took a small break from it for a while. Last week I came back to it after failing miserably at playing my friends in Melee. Lmao So I'm currently really enjoying Marth in smash 4 wii u and am hoping to fight some diverse opponents consistently to learn new matchups.
I'm down to play if you want, I'm new as well and I'm practicing for a tournament I'm going to this Wednesday

Top Bottom