• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New and looking for a practice partner in Los Angeles

exhale

Smash Rookie
So I made this account years ago, but never actually used it until now. I have been following the competitive scene for years on youtube and have decided that it is time for me to attend tournaments. I'll probably get stomped, but that always motivates me to get better. I main Fox (not because he's top tier, but because I've been playing him since the game was brand new all those years ago) and I'm looking to pick up Marth.

I am looking for a practice partner in Los Angeles. I have some tech skill down, but I don't have much experience against good opponents (yet). Anyone who is willing to help out, let me know. I plan on attending my first tournaments in August, so maybe I'll see some of you guys there!

I look forward to playing many great players!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hey exhale, welcome to the forums :)

Although people from your area will randomly pop in, you'll be better off finding others in the Regional Zones forum. Hopefully you end up finding a trainer partner or two that you're looking for there!

exhale

Smash Rookie
Hey exhale, welcome to the forums :)

Although people from your area will randomly pop in, you'll be better off finding others in the Regional Zones forum. Hopefully you end up finding a trainer partner or two that you're looking for there!
Lol probably should've hit reply before I type my response. Anyways, thanks for the tip, Hokori!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
No problemo! Oh, and for future reference, you can just hit the "Edit" button towards the bottom left of your post if you ever need to make a correction (quote a post, fix grammar/spelling, etc, etc).

exhale

Smash Rookie
No problemo! Oh, and for future reference, you can just hit the "Edit" button towards the bottom left of your post if you ever need to make a correction (quote a post, fix grammar/spelling, etc, etc).
Will do! thanks again!

RunawayPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NiftySSB
Welcome to smashboards!
I live about 30 min away from the LA area
But I'm not too great at melee, which is what I assume ur talking about and would love to join the melee scene too,
but if you're talking brawl, I haven't really been to tournaments, but I consider myself a decent player

exhale

Smash Rookie
Welcome to smashboards!
I live about 30 min away from the LA area
But I'm not too great at melee, which is what I assume ur talking about and would love to join the melee scene too,
but if you're talking brawl, I haven't really been to tournaments, but I consider myself a decent player
Thanks! And yes I'm talking about melee. I will be attending warriors path 4 on August 2nd for my first tournament!

Owhat

Smash Rookie
What's up, everyone! I, as well, am trying to connect with fellow Smash Bros. in the Los Angeles area. I play project melee, though. If anyone is interested, hit me up! :bluejump:

I'm located in Culver City, FYI.

Top Bottom