• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New and improved run cancelling Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainlukey

Smash Ace
ok so the first part of this series wasnt so good so im posting a part II and possibly a part III,
and before you guys start flaming me and swinging false accusations again...... this theory is UNTESTED!

ok this theory is based on the "Dash dancing" pivot theory.
the pivot theory for those who dont know is dash dancing (dashing quickly from left to right), and there is about one frame (i think) between the left to right motions that counts as standing still and therefore you can launch any attack straight off the bat.
so my theory is, is it possible to run flat tack at your enemy, tap the stick in the opposite direction and use the one frame (i think) to launch a smash or watever attack you want.
try it out and tell me wat you think....... if you dont like the theory ill see you in part III

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I'm a little confused as to what you mean.

Do you mean dashing in one direction, pivoting the other, but then attacking in the direction you dashed in? If so, this is possible with the c-stick or very good control over your joystick. This is faster than wavedashing for most characters, and can actually be a bit more precise.

If not, please clarify.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
This isn't dash cancelling. You just described the whole point behind the pivot frame: To do an attack out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom