• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Advanced Technique; Natural Selection.

SkaManifesto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
loonuhsee
(Already anwsered) As for how effective having 6 purple pikmin is, is all in the way you use Olimar. If you fight with an agressive offense, then sure get 6 purples, just make sure your close enough. IMO it is much better to deal with the pikmin you do get, and thoroughly plan out your method of attack, it will keep your opponent guessing.

wa-kingdom

Smash Cadet
omg! this would be wonderful...if your oppenents were asleep for 40 secs. other than that, it would be cool to have fat pikmin

Pink4Life

Smash Cadet
hey ME14k, why would you suggest that Olimar players NOT throw their pikmin? I agree with what you said about the grabs to aerials, all Olimar players should do that, but not throwing pikmin destroys olimar's game.

Quarter

Smash Cadet
that would take an insane amount of time if you attempted it in an actual match.

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
Well said IllidR, and Ultimatum, blue pikmin dont suck. They're actually pretty strong and can survive in water. Found out the hard way in the Sunshine level. Funniest s*** out, I was left with three blue pikmin. And they are also useful in the WindWaker stage, so HA!

eaglith

Smash Rookie
All pikmin are good depending on your strategy. This kid probably just wants purples ones because he spams Olimar's smash attacks... Also.. whoever the kid is that said Olimar should be banned from competitive play... I pity you. So many counter-freaking characters against Oli. Fox...Falco...Wolf, you dunno how freakin annoying it is play those.

Fautor Animus

Smash Cadet
Oh God, wolf ticks me off.
But on topic, this natural selection thing leaves you worse off in some cases because you aren't as varied, stick to only one kind of pikmin usually means that you're going to stick to one kind of attack, and that kind of thing is easy to counter. It would be better if a person learned how to play with the pikmin they were given. Yeah sometimes it sucks when you're stuck with 3 purple, but you gotta make do, and win with whatcha got. If you're coming to play olimar and say, i'm sticking to one gameplan, you have a lot to learn about Olimar. His variation in game-plan makes it somewhat difficult to predict what he's going to do. Unless you're sitting there with 6 red pikmin tapping your c-stick.

Top Bottom