• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neutral Spike

LordDagron

Smash Rookie
I've not been maining Marth for very long but I thought this might be a good move to use. For this move you SHUFFL, down air, and spike your opponent. It's pretty hard to pull off. I'd like to try and get the frame data for it and thoughts on its practicality in competitive play.

Last edited:

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
SHFFL what? Dsmash usually is not a good option, so I'm not so sure about this.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
If you land dsmash, it's probably because your opponent messed up, to be honest. If you can spike after that... wow the DI necessary. I don't think it's possible/viable at all, but if you could be more specific I could give a more guaranteed answer.

pokio55

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pokio55
Can we get a gyfy? If this even is possible
I could see it with the 2nd hit of down smash but i'm not even too sure what angle the 2nd hit sends the opponent to.

Last edited:

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
Do you just mean like a SHFFL dair as an approach so you then have the opportunity to techchase and hopefully start a combo?

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Link24b
3DS FC
1418-6839-5991
Maybe...? IDK cuz even if you L-Cancel it's like 11 frames landlag on dair.
It's actually 16...

Not ideal but works for tech chasing (mango loves it for some reason) and can actually start some combos, though they have a very small percent window and usually are for fast fallers.

I just use whatever aerial will get me the 13 damage at any time

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
Not exactly even then. Unless you're spiking to KO, the only use you may have for dair would be punishing somebody who got really greedy. You can dair them to force them back down to the ground and hopefully discourage them.

Top Bottom