• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neutral B Slide Tech

pianoasis

Smash Cadet
I'm sure many of you know this already but I don't see any discussion on it. A fully charged neutral B release just before landing on the ground will send Lucina/Marth sliding halfway across the stage with the attack. Timing is key otherwise the slide will be very short. For example, a FH off of the starting side platforms on Town & City is just about the right height to start holding B from. I would show you a video but I have no recording device.

In terms of usefulness it does increase the range of the active frames decently although there wouldn't be many situations where an opponent allows you to fully charge your shield breaker in the air. Missing it will also leave you very vulnerable with sliding + cooldown frames.

Try it out, tell me what you think.

Top Bottom