• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neutral B on shield ?

B0B0

Smash Rookie
Hi !

I have a quick question : does our neutral b's windbox work on shield ? I would try it myself but I don't have a setup at home ;_;

Thanks

Last edited:

B0B0

Smash Rookie
aww I had so many ideas in mind for that haha . Oh well guess I'll have to find another way to use it! thanks

Blanc

Smash Apprentice
so bobo the godlike qc ivy doesnt even have a pm setup
wow
you're going to summit right?

Blanc

Smash Apprentice
YOU PLAYED AMAZINGLY, nice job man, I lost to MTL Kyle in R2 lmao

Sabre

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
My apologies for reviving this thread, but I had a question related to ivy's synthesis and though that this thread seemed a good place to start. It seems like the windbox on synthesis comes out extremely quickly, and can obviously push opponents away. Has anyone tested to see if you can escape aerial combos like up throw -up air from fox, or up-b combos from g&w?

Swann

Smash Journeyman
Yes, synthesis is very useful vs puff and g&w! You can synthesis out of just about anything close quarters

Sabre

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Awesome! It seemed like g&w combos wouldn't work against ivy, but I don't have any g&w players nearby to test it against. Are there any other characters that this would work well against?

Swann

Smash Journeyman
The windbox knockback is weight-dependent, so lightweights like Puff, GnW, and MK suffer the effects the most.

Puff utilt->rest is nearly impossible on Ivysaur because of synthesis :)

Top Bottom