• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

neutral A sweetspot?

Citrussed

Smash Journeyman
Well Yesterday, I was playing against my friend who was using Bowser and I hit him with neutral A and, like usual, It had very little knockback. But then I used it again on him and it knocked him around 1/2 the size of FD. So I was wondering, is this a known fact, a one-time glitch or something Ive discovered? :confused:

darkatma

Smash Hero
ugh i'm tired

Zelda N-Air

Total: 49
Hit: 6-7, 10-11, 14-15, 18-19, 22-23,
26-27
IASA: 42
Auto cancel: <5 38>
Landlag: 18
Lcanceled: 9

Shield stun: 4
Shield hit lag: 2
Advantage: -7

--last hit--
Shield stun: 7
Shield hit lag: 3
Advantage: -5

Anyways, the last hit, frames 26-27, has medium knockback, so this should be known.

Joe 4'Sho

Smash Cadet
WWOOWWW!!!! the JAB!!!???

i seriously thought you meant the nair like darkatma did. hmm, the only thing i can think of is that it has that "electrical jump weird property" like pikachu's d-smash. ya know?

and also like ness's dash attack. if they jump out of it, the go all loopy and high. but i really dont think her neutral jab has that effect. idk, im sure someone knows. cute find though.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Hmm...Interesting
If I get some free time I'll test it out a bit but if what you say is true it would be very nice addition to Zelda.

darkatma

Smash Hero
oh. Sorry bout that citrussed! didn't read properly..
i dunno i've never seen a sweetspot for zelda's jab(that has high knockback).. I'll check it out, but i think it was most likely a 1 time occurance.

edit: and i wasn't tired coz of your post, i was tired because it was so late>< And i had hella hw.

Citrussed

Smash Journeyman
Thats alright, Tiredness can do that. Im sure it was a sweetspot. The lag was cut in half and he went horizontal.

Joe 4'Sho

Smash Cadet
um, so ive been using the neutral a ton in some friendlies, and i dont think that sweet spot exists. :076:

Joe 4'Sho

Smash Cadet
very possible with the PAL thing, theres so much stuff that goes on with that version, i dont know much about it.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Someone experienced plz, i recently discovered something weird with Zelda. If you do Nayru's Love directly after the jump animation lag, the diamond flashy graphics are a little lower than if you were standing directly on ground. I also realized, that if you do this while standing close enough to the edge (backwards or forwards) you will slip off doing it. I know Nayru's Love is used occasionally as an edge guard, but is it used like this? It seems this "slipping" off could edgeguard quite well. Also, if you're quick enough, you can do this off the ledge and return with a double jump, and a well-directed air dodge.

TheHiveMind

Smash Cadet
Ive never seen Zeldas B used like that as an edge gaurd in any matches, or ever really. That could be really useful, not to mention quite suprising.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Someone experienced plz, i recently discovered something weird with Zelda. If you do Nayru's Love directly after the jump animation lag, the diamond flashy graphics are a little lower than if you were standing directly on ground. I also realized, that if you do this while standing close enough to the edge (backwards or forwards) you will slip off doing it. I know Nayru's Love is used occasionally as an edge guard, but is it used like this? It seems this "slipping" off could edgeguard quite well. Also, if you're quick enough, you can do this off the ledge and return with a double jump, and a well-directed air dodge.
Interesting find about the nayru's being lower. I always jump out of shield into nayru's anyways, and i guess it's coz the move doesnt auto cancel upon land.

however, as for it being a viable edgeguard, i highly doubt it.
here are the stats
Nayru's Love

Total: 59
Invincible: 4-11
Hit: 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27,
Reflects: 4-41

The time from the last hit of nayru's which does the most damage at 27, ends more than halfway before the move does. That means the lag time after the last shard disappears is more than double of what it took for all the shard to appear. Meaning no matter how fast you were, getting back to the ledge would probably require an upB.

More importantly, the hitbox of nayru's is directly horizontal. You can't hit opponents recovering diagonally or from below. This means jumping off the ledge is a bad idea anyways with nayru's, because it won't connect with most opponents.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Interesting find about the nayru's being lower. I always jump out of shield into nayru's anyways, and i guess it's coz the move doesnt auto cancel upon land.

however, as for it being a viable edgeguard, i highly doubt it.
here are the stats
Nayru's Love

Total: 59
Invincible: 4-11
Hit: 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27,
Reflects: 4-41

The time from the last hit of nayru's which does the most damage at 27, ends more than halfway before the move does. That means the lag time after the last shard disappears is more than double of what it took for all the shard to appear. Meaning no matter how fast you were, getting back to the ledge would probably require an upB.

More importantly, the hitbox of nayru's is directly horizontal. You can't hit opponents recovering diagonally or from below. This means jumping off the ledge is a bad idea anyways with nayru's, because it won't connect with most opponents.
hey, thanks a lot for the feedback darkatma. btw, i've watched some of your vids and i really like your style. I was actually hoping you would respond to my post.

Top Bottom