• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neutral A Jabs = Great Combo Starter

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Most character's jabs are simply annoyances. However, DK's second jab sends the foe upwards. This gives you quite a few options to follow up with.

At lower percents you can short hop a RAR b-air, n-air, or u-air.

At higher percents you can still RAR b-air, n-air, or u-air... although you may have to do a full jump.

My favorite trick (although it hardly every works) is to do the jabs, and then follow up with a running Usmash -kills most characters at around 80%. This would be nice to throw in if the opponent was expecting an aerial follow up. But don't use it too much, because it's easy to escape the Usmash if they know it's coming.

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
Most of the followups are easy to escape with DI+airdodge or DJ , but it does put them in a bit of a predicament, and you can always mix up your timing.

TierWhore

Smash Journeyman
I love the jabs, my personal favorite thing about them is their speed. After an Fsmash of Ftilt an opponent will run in, hell, even after a forward b or retreated fair, they will try to punish with a grab or something and you can just jab them out of it. I personally like to follow up with a downtilt because a good opponent won't like to jump out of it and may air dodge. If they air dodge it's perfect because it'll hit them right before they touch the ground. One more followup would be the Fsmash at higher percentages, they'll DI back into you and air dodge, it's all about the timing. I suppose you could also grab, but i've never really experimented, it would be really safe though

Top Bottom