• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Netplay Video Critique

LDSenpai

Self loathing ICs Player
I got my ass kicked by this Falco, would anyone like to point out all the stuff I did wrong. I really want to improve at this game and have been grinding out Netplay matches and heard watching my matches can help a lot.

RyseEX

Smash Cadet
Also call out falco being above you by doing a FH up air or shac up air

~kai~

Smash Rookie
One thing I noticed was something I think a lot of ICs do: too many wavedashes. Fly Amanita explained this in his guide I think. It's really tempting because our wavedash is one of the best in the game. However, wavedashing too much makes you predictable and the landing lag gives your opponent a small window to punish. The landing lag is the price for covering a big distance, so when you're close to your opponent, running or dash dancing are faster options, and using all your options mixes up your opponent so you can punish.

Top Bottom